Chapter Three

••Toby's P.O.V•

"Toby." Connor says walking into the living room.

"Yeah?" I answer not taking my eyes off the t.v screen.

"You and I need to talk." he turns off the t.v then sits beside me. Since we're the only ones in the room we don't have to leave.

"Um, about what?" I ask hesitantly before sitting up a bit.

"About you and Grace." he leans on his knees but keeps his gaze on me.

"What is there to talk about?" I ask playing with my hands.

"Look, we know you two like each other, but if you two are too scared to even kiss then how would it work? You guys need to commit to something or your relationship is going to go nowhere." I sigh.

"We talked about it yesterday, she's scared Connor. She doesn't think her mom cares about her, she doesn't know where her dad is, she says she has no other friends then us, but most importantly she said she's scared because she doesn't want to risk losing everything she has. She said she doesn't want to lose us being her friends just because of a stupid kiss." I can tell by the look on his face he's surprised.

"Really?" I nod.

"She said more, but it's a long story." I look back at my hands then lean back into the couch.

"Still, as I said before, if you want this to work, you have to commit."

"We already have commit." I mumble.

"What was that?" he asks leaning forward towards me.

"I said, we already have commit. We kissed last night."

"You did!? Toby that's awesome!" he exclaims jumping up in front of me.

"No, it's-"

"What's awesome?" Grace asks coming into the living room.

"How'd you get in here?" I ask standing as well.

"Uh, the front door?" she points over her shoulder with her thumb questioningly.

"Anyways, you and Toby actually kissed!?" Connor exclaims running over to her. She looks at me with wide eyes as Connor wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"He wouldn't stop talking." I explain. She nods as Connor lets her go.

"So!? Did you guys feel anything?" Connor asks eyeing us. "Wait, hold that thought. Riley! Get down here!" A few seconds later Riley comes running down the stairs and stands over beside Connor.

"What's going on?" he asks.

"These young grasshoppers have had their first kisses." Connor answers wiping away a fake tear. (hehe my cousin likes to call younger kids 'young grasshoppers' so credit to her XD) Riley's face immediately lights up.

"Really!?" he asks looking at Grace and I who have one eyebrow raised. "And!? Did you feel anything? Sparks, fireworks, butterflies!? Anything!?" he asks jumping up and down. Grace and I look at each other with expressions saying we have no idea what to say. Because honestly, I don't. I loved the kiss, I felt everything Riley said, but I can't tell if she feels the same way.

"No." I say hesitantly before looking back at my two excited brothers with a worried expression. Their faces immediately drop.

                                                       ••Grace's P.O.V••