Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"Okay," I murmured.

With a sigh, I placed the lid back on the jar and placed it in the pantry. I wearily rubbed at my eyes.

"I'm going to go have a shower and go out looking again."

"I thought you had to work this afternoon?" dad asked, glancing down at his watch.

"I called in sick."

Not missing the disapproving stare from dad, I dragged my feet towards the stairs.

I took my time in the shower. The feel of warm water running over my skin always makes me feel better. I washed myself thoroughly before throwing on a pair of black leggings and a white top that my mother sent me. It was some expensive brand, that I really couldn't care less about, but it was comfortable and looked good on me.

I wanted to look nice when I found Xavier.

I had just slid my sandals on, when I heard the alert sound of a Snapchat. Swiping my phone from my bed, I stared down at the screen.

Jasmine.

She never Snapchats me. Quirking an eyebrow, I slid my thumb across the screen and waited for the app to load.

My mouth fell open. It was a selfie of her and Xavier.

Shit was about to go down.

***

Ripping up the hand break, I tumbled out of the car.

Marching towards Jasmine's house, I had a pure expression of fury etched on my face. I knocked on the door and waited impatiently.

The door swung open and Jasmine stood there. She was one of Megan's minions and I hated her. Okay, she wasn't as bad as Megan, but right now, I truly did hate her.

How dare she send me a photo of her and my boyfriend, after we got into a fight. I'm not even sure if we're really together at the moment, but regardless, you do not do that.

"Hey Faith," she smirked.

"Get the fuck out of my way," I snarled, barging through her front door.

Our shoulders connected painfully and she let out a cry, stumbling back. She landed on her butt but I hardly acknowledged her. I was on a mission to kick the shit out of my kind-of-maybe-not-really-sure boyfriend.

After striding angrily around trying to figure out where her room was, I eventually found it. Xavier was sprawled across her bed, which only made me fume more, on his phone.

"You have a lot of nerve coming here," I snapped.

He glanced up at me. "Oh hey."

"That's all you have to say?" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air for dramatic effect. "I have been looking for you for hours. And you came here?"

"I can do what I want, I'm not apart of your life anymore, am I?"

"Of course you are," I huffed. "I spoke to dad about everything. It's all cleared up. You can come home now."

"Home?" he echoed, his tone incredulous. "You mean the house that I brought drugs into?"

"We know you didn't."

"No." he snapped, getting to his feet. "No. Fair enough your dad not believing me. But you." He stepped towards me, his eyes narrowed. "You didn't. How can I let that go? My own girlfriend thought that low of me."

"It was a tiny ounce of doubt," I argued. "It means nothing."

"It means something to me."

"Can we discuss this back at home?"

"I don't have a home."

"You're welcome to stay here as long as you need," Jasmine's voice filtered through the room.

"Get out," I screamed, my pent up frustration pouring into my words. My cheeks were burning as I was getting angrier by the second.

Storming to the door, I slammed it shut with such force, I'm surprised it didn't fly off the hinges.

Xavier gave me an amused look.

"Okay, anywhere, but here," I continued with distaste, looking around at the most cliche, Barbie girl room ever.

"I'm comfortable here, thanks."

"Why would you come here, of all places?" I asked, my voice thick.

"Oh, you know," he shrugged. "Jasmine is so inviting. She invited me over. Invited me into her house. Invited me into her bed."

I reached out and slapped his cheek. The smack echoed around the room. He stumbled back, holding his face.

"Ow," he groaned.

"Did you do anything with her?" I whispered, my voice shaking.

He looked up at me and didn't say anything.

In that moment, I felt my heart shatter. I clutched my chest, feeling faint.

"Oh my God," I whispered, feeling sick.

"We're done," he shrugged, his voice monotone.

"Yeah, we are," I spat, my voice venomous.

I whirled the door open, to where Jasmine was there, obviously eavesdropping. I threw my hands out and slammed her against the wall.

"Faith!" Xavier yelled, ripping my arm back.

I reached out, my fist connecting with her jaw. She screamed, falling to the floor, for the second time. I pivoted, ready to take on Xavier, but he was prepared. He gripped my wrist and pushed me away from him.

"Go," he ordered, his voice stern.

"Fuck you," I seethed, my whole body trembling with rage.

We shared one more heated stare, before I ran out of the house. I almost made it to my car, before I threw up. I dropped to my knees and vomited onto the grass, my stomach churning.

All I could think about was his hands on her.

I proceeded to vomit again.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked.

After swallowing and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I rested back on my calves and peered up at Jacob, who was hanging out his car window. I panted, feeling breathless.

"No," I laughed. The sound was off-putting, even to my own ears. "Why do you care?"

"I've always cared about you," he said softly.

Yeah right.

"You don't look like you're right to drive," he said slowly. "Hop in, I'll give you a lift. Your dad can come get your car."

He did have a point. I shouldn't be operating a vehicle in this state.

"I have Eminem playing," he encouraged.

Okay. He got me.

Shakily, I got to my feet. I rounded to the passenger side and slid into the car.

"Home?" he asked, turning the volume up.

"Let's go to your place?" I suggested, looking back up to Jasmine's house. The door opened and Xavier stood there, his cheeks red, his lips pressed into a thin line.

He folded his arms across his chest as he watched us. I shook my head and looked back to Jacob.

"Just like old times," he smiled.

"Just shut up and drive," I snapped.

Pay back's a bitch.

-------------------

Drama, drama, drama!

Was that expected at all?

What do you think about Xavier going to Jasmine's house?

And what do you think about Faith retaliating and going with Jacob? ;)

Thanks for reading!