24: For a Thousand Years

As you stand in the brilliant, white dress, tears come to your eyes as you look at yourself. This is you, just minutes before your own wedding. Your bridesmaids stand around you, all smiling with endless joy. The bouquet of white roses gripped between your fingers, the transparent veil hung in front of your face, all in your thoughts as your father walks up to link arms with you.

You nod, allowing him to escort you outside with the rest of the procession. Then, all you can think of is him. The man you agreed to to love until the day you die. Listening to the music you picked for the procession, you have small flashbacks of all the little moments you've had. You finally remember the best one.

How Sean proposed.

You remember how dazed you were, wrapped in his arms, rocking back and forth in the dreamy dance. He held you close the whole night, you weren't sure why. You even got your very own solo song, where the rest of the couples stood around you, and you and Sean danced alone. You remember the song they played. This was the song you planned to dance to after the wedding, once he was your husband.

You even remember one of the many whispers around you as you danced. One of the women whispered to her date,"Look at the way he looks at her, the way he holds her. That, right there is is true love."

"Look at them, they're completely in love."

"She will never know just how much he loves her, I can tell just watching them."

You were clueless to all these comments at the time. You were so oblivious it makes you giggle now. Oh, (Y/N), so clueless. Clueless until the very moment Sean's knee touched the floor.

As he looked up at you, you were too shocked by the sight of the ring to see the pure love and desire in those crystal blue eyes of his. The look that he gave you when you first met, the same look he would give the moment he sees you, the same look he would give to his first newborn baby, the same look he would give during your dance, the same look he would give the moment he breathed his last.

You would never truly know how much he loved you.

Then, you come back to reality as you stop in front of the arch, the whole wedding party standing. This catches Sean's attention, and you make eye contact for the first time today. There it is, you think, the look. You look over him as you can't help but smile as you're escorted down the aisle. His fluffy, green hair brushed to his right, glasses rested carefully on his face, his suit buttoned with care and his tie straight down around his neck. You remember how you told him that his glasses and a suit always went perfectly together, which is probably why he wears this now.

You glance back at your father as he lets go of you and you continue up to the small step up to meet Sean and the minister. Now, when you look at him, his eyes are lined with tears. He shakily lifts the veil off of your face, looking you over again in awe.

Taking your hands in his, he quietly whispers,"You're so gorgeous, (Y/N)."

The blush flushed over your cheeks, only widening both of your smiles. You would never know but these were his thoughts:

I finally have my bride before me, holding her hands so sweetly in mine. Your beauty makes it impossible to look away. You're making my heart race faster than should be possible. Oh, how I wish I could hold you closer, I would hold you so tight. But you, in a white dress, is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

The ceremony goes as planned, the two of you exchanging the vows, giving yourselves to each other, the I-do's and final lines. Then, finally, Sean gets his wish.

"You may kiss the bride."

Sean takes you in his arms, bringing your lips together in the most powerful kiss of your life. The kiss that seals your friendship, and unity, for life. When you pull away, Sean gives himself to you once more.

"I'm yours."

Once the reception starts, the dj calls you two to the middle of the floor. You meet from opposite ends of the room, meeting in the middle. Sean takes you by the waist and you wrap your arms around his neck, smiling up at him. As the song starts, the memory comes back once more, and you feel yourself start to break down. You take a shaky breath, allowing yourself to get lost in his gaze.

Finally, you swoon,"God, I love you so much."

"Lass, I promise you, as long as you are in my arms, I won't let anything happen to you. Even after death, when we're in heaven, I'll hold you just the same,"he sings with the song,"I have loved you for a thousand years, I will love you for a thousand more."

The rest of the night, you long to go back to the hotel room. You yearn for him to lay you down and love you the way you always dreamed. Now that he was your husband, and you his wife, there were no rules of what you could and couldn't do together. You were ready.

Finally, as he drives you back, you ache for him the whole way. The second the door on your room latches, you grab his cheeks and kiss him passionately. Before going home, you had to change out of your dress and suit, so your clothes were easy to get off. The heat built up as the two of you moved about the room, attached to each other like glue. Sean held you all the closet before picking you up in his arms.

Like you longed for before, he lays you down on the bed ever so sweetly. You're already both naked, both of you growing impatient, yet Sean still takes the time to ask.

"Which way do you want this, sweetheart?"

You take a moment to think before sitting up and sitting in his lap,"I want to be as close to you as possible."

"Oh, (Y/N),"he sighs, looking you over again, the woman in his arms,"Have I ever told you just how fucking gorgeous you are?"

"But Sean, I'm naked..."you blush, looking away.

He leaves a kiss on your neck that makes you sigh and turn your head back,"I don't care, it's all the same beauty to me."

That night, could not have been more beautiful.