17: Eskimos

You wake up to the sweet smell of chocolate tingling in your nose. You sigh, stretching your arms out and groaning yourself awake. You sit up, climbing out of bed and sliding your slippers on. You look out the window to see the world blanketed in thick, heavy snow.

You slowly make your way downstairs the hearing Michael Bublé's Christmas album playing in the background. You walk into the kitchen, noticing Sean sitting at the kitchen table, a mug of hot chocolate in his hand. Across from him, there is another mug, presumably for you. You smile as you sit down across from him, cozy and snuggly.

"Sleep well, Princess?"he asks sweetly.

You smile,"I did, thank you. It is getting close to Christmas, isn't it?"

Sean sings along with the song in a deep voice,"Oh, ho, the mistletoe, hung where you can see. Somebody waits for you, kisser once for me."

He smirks as he says the last few words, causing you to blush. You giggle as he sings the rest of the song until the next song comes on. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Sean stands, offering you his hand. You blush and take it, rounding the table and walking with him out to the living room. He gently pulls you to him, one hand in yours and the other on your hip. Your free hand rests on his shoulder. Believe it or not, but you've never slow danced with any other guy before. So you're interested in how this will go.

You hear Michael's voice, soft and deep:

Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on, our troubles will be out of sight.

"Have yourself, a merry little Christmas. Make the yuletide gay,"Sean starts to sing again, causing you to giggle.

He sways you back and forth, mesmerizing movements that make your heart flutter and take your breath away. This was dreamier than dreamy. It made Sean way more romantic than before, and you loved it. You rest your head on his chest as you continue the slow, dreamy dance. When the song ends, your eyes lock with his.

He points up and you notice the mistletoe dangling from the ceiling. Your cheeks flush pink, but you stand on your tiptoes, allowing him to lean in. He presses his lips to yours for a good five seconds (if you actually count that's long) and you sigh out of it.

By now, it was as light as a cloudy winter day could get, so you both run upstairs to change and you come back down to wrap yourselves up like a pair of Eskimos. You run outside, stumbling into the snow. While you're running, you trip and fall, face first into the white drift. You roll over, giggling and wipe the snow off your face as Sean helps you up.

Now of course, Sean couldn't let you back inside without a snowball fight. You both throw the balls of ice back and forth until you're out of breath. Panting, you fall to your knees for a few seconds. After catching your breath, you walk over to Sean, who gives you a big, padded bear hug. Out of no where, tiny, silent white flakes begin to fall from the sky.

Shivering and cold, you press yourself against Sean, praying for warmth. He chuckles as he wraps his arms around you, holding you close. You snuggle into him, cuddling close. He lifts your head to look at him and smiles at you.

"Hey, (Y/N), look!"

You look up to see the gathering of mistletoe dangling from his hand. You glare at him,"I wonder where you got that..."

"You're too beautiful to resist..."he smiles.

Once again, you give in with a blush and grab his cheeks, kissing him passionately. He chuckles through the kiss, but holds you all the closer. You don't know which is better, a kiss in the rain, or a kiss in the snow. This was certainly cozy.

You stare into his eyes, so caught in the moment that you can't move. Until, of course, he drops those three, oh so magical words that make your heart sing.

"I love you, (Y/N),"he picks you up bridal style.

You dazedly wrap your arms around his neck, dreaming,"I love you too, Sean."

(Poll: what do you think is better, rain kiss or snowy kiss? Ps: Hope you liked this shorter one :))