Chapter 9

So there's this theory that the reason Dinah's been crying a lot is because the group is really breaking up soon. I don't what to feel at this point.
-------

Dinah's POV
I'm so happy that Normani decided to be friends even though you know that we're not gonna stay just "friends" for long.

We haven't seen each other for a couple of weeks now but we FaceTime every week to talk about life and everything.

I'm in Brasil for the sold show at Copacabana. There's gonna be a LOT of people there.

The show starts in 2 hours. I'm so nervous but I've got my dad with me to keep me company.

I was in hair and makeup when Normani texted me asking if I wanted to do FaceTime.

I quickly accepted, I wanted to her face after not talking for a week.

Her bright smile appears on the screen while she waves her hand a little.

"Hey gurl how are you?" She said while she was trying to figure what was happening with my hair.

"I know you're judging my hair Normani I'm in hair and makeup for my show in Brasil you remember I told that last week!" I said as I was shaking my head with a big goofy smile.

"Whatever Dinah I remember it's just that i have so much going lately I tend to forget bits and pieces. " She replies with a little laugh.

That's true she does have a lot going on. Her and Arin are officially a couple but she says that it's only business.

We talk for about an hour about clowns, Donald Trump and funny videos on Instagram.

The show is starting in 5 minutes. We did a crew prayer and Normani was still on FaceTime.

"I'm really anxious" I say as I take a peak at the sold out arena filled with screaming fans.

"You're gonna be just fine D, you look amazing and your voice is amazing so go out there and slay everything!" She said as she screamed that last part just to get that extra motivation in.

I blush at the compliments and thank her. One of the crew people screamed "2 MINUTES BEFORE THE SHOW"

I quickly say my goodbyes, promising to call her after the show ends. She bids me good luck and the call ends.

~after the show~

Amazing. That's how the show went. I was really nervous so my voice wasn't at its best but I did have a lot of energy so my stage presence was there.

The fans were incredibly nice and I got a little emotional when I was singing a ballad because there was so many lights I was at awe.

I am now in the tour bus, watching The Vampire Diaries (#teamstefan).

Damon is declaring his love to Elena and that made me think about Normani.

So, I called her on my MacBook to FaceTime again. She accepts and her face appears on the small computer screen.

"Hi Mani!" I said a little bit too eager for my liking but I shrug it off.

"Hey D how was the show?" She replied while taking a bite of a chicken wing.

"The real question is how good is that chicken wig? " I said while laughing and shaking my head a little.

"It's so good Popeye's is the shit when you come back we're going in a date there" she said nonchalantly.

"A date huh" I said with a smirk.

"Yeah well I mean that's if u want to" she said while ducking her head a little.

"Awn we will definitely go on that date when I come back pinky promise" I said while putting my pinky finger in front of the screen.

She puts her pinky in front of her screen too while laughing cutely.

"You look good tonight Mani you look hella zen"

"Ha.ha. very funny Dinah with your Stitch one piece.

We laughed for what seem for hours. We talked about anything and everything for about 3 hours when Normani was about to sleep.

"Mani just go to sleep already your eyes are closing by themselves." I said cause I asked her what is she watching and she still hasn't answered.

"No, I don't want to sleep I wanna talk to you" she said with a voice dripping with sleep.

I blushed furiously. She's been very flirty all night. I don't what came over her but I like it.

"If u go to sleep now I'll sing for you" I propose because I think she's gonna pass out if I don't force her to sleep.

As soon as I said that, she quickly put her head on her pillow and pulled her sheets up.

She looks at me with a look that says "what are you waiting for?" I laugh as I start singing with the softest voice I can;

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Take my hand take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

By the time I'm done singing she's already soflty snoring.

I chuckled softly , and with one last look, I said :

For I can't help falling in love with you.