Chapter 8

norminah is real. I don't know a laurmani.
------
Dinah's POV
I have this major headache. It's like the room is spinning. I'm in someone's bed.

This room looks all to familiar. I roll on to my side and my eyes widened.

I'm in Normani's room. What the hell happened last night? Flashbacks of me pinning her on the wall and sucking on her neck came in my mind.

I remember drinking only one drink but that was enough to make me more than a little tipsy.

I think that's how I got her on the dance floor but when she kissed me, it's like I sobered up but I still felt the alcohol in my brain.

I've always wanted to kiss her since the day at the concert but I wanted to take things slow. When our lips met, the burning passion inside of me just spread in my whole body.

I couldn't believe that I've slept with her. Thank God she's asleep. I check the time and see that I am an hour late for the meeting I had.

I quickly scrabble a couple of words explaining the situation and leave it besides her on the table.

I dress myself and try to brush my very messed up hair. God,we messed up. Big time.

Normani's POV

I've been awake since 4 a.m. I know everything that happen because I wasn't drunk. But I think she was.

Everything that happened last night came back. What the hell is wrong with me?

I was suppose to stay strong, not let my guard down plus she seems like she doesn't care about me.

She left a note saying that she had to leave for a meeting with her manager. I forgot, she has a show today. I quickly go on a website to check if there's any tickets left.

Praise the Lord! There's a few VIP tickets left so I buy two so me and zendaya can go. I don't want to face her alone.

I don't know which way to go; should I forgive her and give her another chance or should I just move on.

I've given her a lot of chances and she always messes up. But what if this time, she finally understand that she doesn't need anyone else than me?

Nobody is going to love her like I do. And nobody is gonna love me like she does.

~a couple of hours later~

The show is starting. The opening act, Jojo, is performing. That girl is so awesome. Me and Z are turning the hell up. Some fans spotted us and took pictures.

After her performance it was finally Dinah's time to perform.

Everything was pitch black for a second but the  projectors  quickly went on a spotlight. Dinah appeared in a black tight one piece.

Damn, she looks good. Her blonde hair was in a very tight ponytail that really showed her face. Her facial muscles are very sharped and the highlight on her cheekbones accentuates her very long eyelashes.

Have I mentioned that she looks beautiful? Because I'mm going to say it again she looks GOOD.

It was half through the show(this is seems like a pattern) , when she was singing this cover of one of the best love songs ever, The First Time I saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.

She looks deep into the crowd and asks everyone to light their flashlights. With a gentle voice, she starts singing the lyrics;

The first time I ever saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and the stars were the gift you gave
To the dark and the skies my love

She looked through the crowd and her eyes found mine once again as she sang;

To the dark and the endless skies
The first time I ever kissed your lips
I felt the earth move in my hand
Like the trembling heart of a captive bird
That was there at my command my love

Throughout the whole cover, she was looking at me. The tension between us would be too hard to cut even if you had the biggest scissors in the world.

Something in me changed while she was singing. I didn't want to give in so soon but the way she was singing to me now, I knew I at least needed to talk to her.

She finished the rest of the show and we got backstage acces.

It was now or never. I spot her taking pictures with fans. Zendaya was talking to me about this modeling gig she got but I wasn't really paying attention.

All I could see was her. She finally saw us and left the fans to meet us. She came and hugged Zendaya and she looked at me in the eyes. She smiled and pressed my arm gently.

After her catching up with Zendaya, she asked if we could spend some time together outside to talk. After Zendaya left, we went to her tour bus to get some hoodies and we left to go explore the city and talk.

We stumbled on a little coffee shop. Dinah was feeling very cold so we entered and ordered 2 hot chocolates.

While waiting she decided to cut the silence,

"So yesterday" she said, avoiding my gaze.

"Look Dinah, I was drunk. And I can safely say you were drunk too. I don't want a relationship with you but I would like if we could be acquaintance or even friends." I reply, before she could say anything else.

The waiter brings us are drinks and he leaves us to our conversation.

She agrees to be just friends, but the light in her eyes says otherwise. We start having a normal conversation, catching up.

Well, we were so deep in our conversation that the waiter made us leave because it was closing time.

We left the petite cafe and we wondered in the streets. 

It was finally time to part our ways. We said our goodbyes and even hugged for 3 seconds. As I was about to leave she spun me around and said;

"You know I'm gonna get you back Mani right?" as she looked at me with the cutest smile ever.

"You can try Dinah Jane" I said as I have her one last smile and left.

Maybe this friendship won't be so bad after all.
-----
School sucks. Sorry for not updating I swear it think I'm gonna go work for McDonald's real quick because school sucks.