Episode seven: A Man on Death Row

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile over at the FBI building, Mom was sitting in a conference room with Booth at a table, they were both sitting across from each other. Booth has a pen and a file in front of him.
'' Name''? Asked Booth
'' You know my name.'' Mom stated
'' Bones, you are making an official request to the FBI to be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. I have to follow protocol.'' Booth told her
'' It's ridiculous.'' Mom said
'' Fine.'' Booth says as he slides the application to her and then he said, '' Then we're done here. Do you want to get some coffee''?
Mom slides it back to him and then she said, '' My name is Dr. Temperance Brennan.''
'' Reaspn for wanting a gun''
'' Too shoot people.''
'' Not a good response.'' Booth told her
'' It's the truth'' Mom told him
'' You know, I'm writing self defense in the performance of my duties pursuing suspected felons as contracted out to the FBI.'' Booth said
'' So I can shoot them.''
'' Have you ever been charged with a felony''? Asked Booth
'' Charged or convicted''?
'' Charged.''
'' You know I have.''
'' I have to ask the questions.''
'' Bureaucratic nonsense.'' Mom said
'' Never the less, name of the arresting officer''?
'' You.'' Mom said and then Booth gives her a look and then she says, '' Special Agent Seeley Booth. Do you need me to spell that for you''
Booth hushed her and then he said, '' I can sound that out.''
'' So when do I get the gun''?
Booth inhales and stamps the paper and then he holds it up on a clipboard and then he faces it to Mom and she sees big red letters that say denied.
'' You can't have a gun'' Booth told Mom
'' Why not''? Mom asked
'' Because you were charged with a felony.'' Booth replied
'' Write down that you were wrong to charge me.'' Mom said
'' Oh, there's no space for that.'' Booth stated
'' Why did we go through all this if you were never going to give me a gun''? Mom asked.
'' You have a constitutional right to apply for a weapon. I would never deny your constitutional right.''
'' Well uh, I need a gun.'' Mom said again
'' Rules are rules.'' Booth said to Mom
'' Tell them that I shot a murderer who was going to light me on fire.''
'' Which is why you weren't convicted but you did shoot an unarmed man. I...I can't ignore that. I swore on oath to protect society from people who shoot people.''
'' It was only his leg and he's in jail for the rest of his life. How much is he going to use it anyway''?
'' You have a right to an appeal'' Booth stated
'' To whom''? Mom asked and then Booth shakes his head and then Mom says, '' Cullen? I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me.''
'' Yeah, i'm pretty sure you're right.'' Booth said and then they both walk out of the room and through the lobby and then Booth says, '' Bones you dont need a gun. If anyone needs shooting, I'll do it.''
'' But what if you're injured or dead and someone still needs shooting? I'm not hoping it will happen. I'm just stating a possibility.'' Mom said
'' Ah, come on. You know what Bones? You're a professor; you're not an FBI agent. Okay? Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death.'' Booth said as he and Mom both enters Booth's office and inside the office was a woman waiting for him.
'' Am I interrupting''? The woman asked
'' I told them not to let you in this building. I gave them a picture.'' Booth stated
'' Which is why I wore the tiny skirt.''
'' Very cute.''
The woman and Mom both shakes hands and the woman introduce herself to mom, '' Amy Morton.''
'' Temperance Brennan.'' Mom introduces herself to the woman who known is Amy.
'' You work with Booth''? Amy asked Mom
'' Yes, I'm a Forensic Anthropologist.'' Mom replied
'' I'm a defense lawyer. I tend to work against Booth.'' Amy stated
'' If it's all the same I prefer you two didn't bond in any way.'' Booth told them
'' Hey. I want to get back to the lab. You said I could fill out some gun reapplication form''?
Booth hands her an application form and then he said, '' Here you go. Send it back by currier, no hurry.''
Mom turns to Amy and then she said, '' Nice to meet you.'' Mom said and then she leaves.
                                          _______________________________________________________

Meanwhile back at the Jeffersonian; Angela and I were both sitting in Mom's office waiting for my mom to come back from the FBI.  And while we wait for mom to come back, Angela and I were both talking. Well, Angela was doing the most of the talking and I was just starring at the bag on the coffee table, which had the pregnancy tests in.
'' Emmy.'' I heard Angela call my name but I didn't responsed to her so she called my name again, '' Emmy.'' Angela call my name but I still didn't responsed to her so she kept on calling my name until I answer her.
'' Huh'' I finally said as I turned to face Angela
'' Finally Ems! I've been calling you're name for the last few minutes.''
'' Did you''? I asked Angela
'' Yeah sweetie.''
'' Oh, sorry Ang.'' I apologised to her.
'' It's okay.'' Angela said and then she asked, '' Are you okay''?
'' Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm just nervous that's all.'' I told Angela
'' Nervous about what''? Angela asked me
'' I'm just nervous about taking the pregnancy test.'' I answered
'' Oh sweetie, you've got nothing to be nervous about okay. Once you've taken the tests you would feel so much better, I know that I would be.'' Angela said and then she continues to speak, '' So when do you want to take the pregnancy tests.''?
'' Um, if it's okay with you I want to wait until Mom gets back. I want her there with me when we take them. Do you mind if we wait''?
'' Course not, Ems. I don't mind waiting.''
'' Thanks.'' I thanked her
'' I know you're scared, Ems. But whatever happens we're all going to be there for you. Me, you're mom, Zack, Hodgins and Booth. We're all going to be there for you, through this whole thing.'' Angela says and then I hugged her and she hugs me back.
'' Thanks, Ang.'' I thanked her and then I saw my mom walking past by the window and then she enters her office and I greeted her. '' Hey Mom.'' I greeted Mom as Angela and I both pulled away from the hug.
'' Hey sweetie.'' Mom greeted back as she went over her desk and she puts down a form.
'' What's that you got there''? Angela asked Mom
'' Oh, it's an reapplication form'' Mom said
'' I take it you didn't get the gun then''
'' Nope, but I'm going to appeal for it.''
'' What is with you and guns anyways, Mom? I know they're cool and dangerous and everything, but why do you need a gun''?
'' I'd just need a gun''
'' But why though? If anybody needs shooting Booth will do it, you dont need a gun'' I told her
'' Course I need a gun, Ems.'' Mom said and then she walks over to us and then she says, '' What happens if Booth's injured or dead and someone still needs shooting. He wont be able to do it''?
'' That's a good point.''
'' That's why I need a gun'' Mom said and then she sits down on the coffee table.
'' Last time you had a gun you shot someone.'' I stated
'' Only in the leg and I had to do it. He was going to light me on fire.'' Mom said and then she notices a bag on the coffee table and then she asked, '' What's in the bag''?
'' Pregnancy tests.'' I stated and then I said, '' While you was over at the FBI building, Angela and I went to the chemist to get some pregnancy tests.''
'' Have you took them, yet''? Mom asked me
'' No! I wanted to wait for you.'' I replied
'' Well I'm back now so why don't we go too the ladies room and take the pregnancy tests.''
'' I'm not sure if I want too.''
'' Sweetie listen to me, I know you're scared but you need to take these pregnancy tests. You need to find out if you're pregnant.''
'' What happens if I am pregnant''? I asked
'' If you're pregnant! You're pregnant.'' Mom stated
'' I'd just dont think that I'll be very good at it this.''
'' You will sweetie, in time.'' Angela said
I sighed and then I said, '' I'm not ready for this! I'm not ready to have a baby''
'' You're not alone in this, honey. I'm going to be there for you, through this whole thing okay.''
'' We all will.'' Angela said
'' So come on, sweetie. Let's go and take these pregnancy tests.'' Mom said
'' Okay.'' I stated
Angela, Mom and I got up from our seats and I grabbed the bag from the coffee table and then all three of us headed out of the office.