🚒17🚒

Blake

"Kelly can you put a new oxygen tank in the truck for me". I asked as we hopped out of the truck. Nodding his head, he kissed my forehead before walking away.

Taking a deep breath, I ran a hand over my face then through my hair. With an arm draped over my shoulder, Sylvie and I walked into the common room.

Sitting on one of the chairs, leaned my head against my hand. Images started to play in my mind over the scene, the bodies we had to cover, the blood and burns.

The sound of a door opened brought me back to reality. Making direct eye contact with Jay, I instantly stood and made my way over to him. Attaching my arms around his torso, I buried my head into his neck. "You ok?"

Shooting him a small smile, I nodded, placing a small kiss on his lips. "Did Voight send you". I asked softly. Getting a yes from the detective I laced our hands together, bringing him into the conference room, so we could talk more privately.

Talking to him about what I saw, and the explosion, I shook my head at all the bodies I had to cover. Noticing the distress, Jay sat next to me, pulling me closer into his embrace. "We are going to get him Fire-Pop."

Leaning into him, the two of us stayed like that for a bit before he had to leave. Cupping my face, the blue-green eyed man captured my lips. "Be safe Blake".

Laying my hands on top of his, I squeezed them. "Come back to me one piece Jay Halstead". Walking with him out to his truck, I stayed out on the driveway as he drove away to track down these people.

Sighing softly, I spun on my heel heading back inside. As I did, a hand grabbed mine, spinning me in a circle. Chuckling at Stella, the two of us started dancing in the common room, the others cheering us on.

Bowing, laughter sprung around the firehouse, until the bell went off. Seriousness passed through the firehouse as we ran sprang towards the trucks. Sliding on the gear, I climbed into the truck with such eloquence. "Bro you put the tank in for me right"

Nodding his head, I leaned over the seat to kiss his cheek. "You are the best". Watching the scenery as it passed by, I became worried about this next call.

Absentmindedly playing with my hands, my mind wandered, worried about Intelligence.The movement of the truck came to a stop, giving us the go ahead to get out. Popping out alongside my brother, I sighed at the sight in front of me. A man was impaled on a pole and his hoodie was choking him out.

"Cruz your on the ladder, Capp, Tony get the backboard and saw. Blake I need you to help me keep him stabilized". Waiting for the ladder to get into position, Sylvie gave me some pointers on how to keep him stable until he was on the ground. Holding the small first aid kit, I ascended the ladder after Kelly. With careful steps, I was soon by the victim, their wound being more severe than we thought.

Sharing a glance with Kelly, I moved forward to help the man stay alive. Slowly unzipping the hoodie so the man could get some air, Kelly was looking over the pole. "Blake, I need you to keep pressure on this. Chief we need another ladder to get this guy down"

Placing my leg in a position where I wouldn't slip, I leaned forward, holding pressure on the wound. Orders and sounds were sounded through the air and walkie, bystanders on the ground watching. Slipping my leg underneath our victim's, I placed my foot on the second ladder.

Sawing the metal pole, I kept as much pressure as I could. Holding the guy up with my leg, a backboard was slipped underneath. Securing the strap the best we could, Matt and Gallo started to bring the backboard down on their ladder. A hand wrapped around my waist, making sure my entire body was on Squad's ladder.

Standing up slowly, I grabbed the first aid kit, cautiously making my way down. Getting onto the ground, I sighed softly, jogging over to Emily and Sylvie. "You did good, we saw those leg muscles working hard"

Chuckling softly, I helped them load the guy into the ambulance. Shutting the door once Emily was in the back and Sylvie was in the front, I tapped the back of the rig. Helping clean things up, the bystanders started to disperse seeing as there was no more action.

We were about to head to the firehouse but another call came through the walkies. Climbing into the truck, I rubbed my leg slightly. Holding an entire man's dead weight on one leg can cause some soreness. "Your leg ok Blake". Lifting my head to see Kelly looking over his seat at me.

"Yeah, just sore". With the roaring of the engine stopping, a large structure fire was what we were met with. Hear we go again.

-------

Parking the rig in the firehouse, all of us got out of the trucks, absolutely tired. Sighing in relief that shift was over, hanging up my turn out gear, I ventured into the locker room. Plopping on the bench, Stella sat next to me, her head laying on my shoulder. "I need a nap".

Softly nodding in agreement, I lazily opened my locker. "A nap sounds fantastic". Switching out of our clothes and into casual wear, the other's soon came into the locker room, tiredness in their eyes as well.

Saying my goodbyes and my brother kissing my cheek, I left the firehouse. Sleep being the only thing on my mind, and Jay. Driving back to my apartment, I exited the vehicle, running a tired hand through my hair.

Unlocking the door to my humble abode, I let out a breath. Slowly and lazily changing into lounge clothes, I flopped on the couch. The comfy cushion relaxing my aching bones. Before I could truly sink into the couch, a knock on the door almost caused me to cry out in annoyance.

Shuffling towards the door, and opening the door, I relaxed at the sight of Jay. wrapping his muscular arms around my waist, the two of us relaxed in each other's embrace. Relieved that we were ok. Entering the apartment, Jay cupped my cheek, using his thumb to lift my head to look at him.

Quickly pressing his lip onto mine, I matched his intensity. Kissing him back, I wound my arm around his neck, shortening the distance between the two of us. Moving us towards the couch, the detective kept his hold on me, not wanting to let me go.

Detaching our lips, the two of us were breathing heavily. Bringing me towards him on the couch, I sat on his lap, forehead leaning on his. My body melted in Jay's touch as he ran a hand up and down my arm softly. Placing small, gentle kisses along his neck, I got the former ranger to relax beneath me.

Moving away to look at his face, Jay laced our hands together. "Stay with me tonight?". Receiving a nod in response, I curled into his side, loving the way Jay makes me feel. A kiss was placed on my cheek, then my lips.

"There is no place I would rather be".