🚒11🚒

Blake

Bright lights was the first thing I saw. A whimper escaping my lips as I tried to blink away the brightness as well as the pain that consumed me.

Stinging pain becoming more prominent the longer I was awake. It felt like millions of pins and needles piercing my chest, and it sometimes hurt to breath.

Moving slightly, I gasped in pain, a small cry out resounding in the hospital room. Seemingly waking up my brother, who I didn't know was in the room, and coming to my side. Fear as clear as day in his eyes. Something that breaks my heart.

"I thought I lost you Blake" and seeing my brother break down literally broke my soul. Squeezing his hand weakly, a few tears of my own escaped.

"I'm sorry" my voice cracking. Leaning down he placed his forehead against mine. Something we always did when we needed each other.

Wiping the tears of my face, a loving kiss was placed on the top of my head. Trying to move, his hand carefully laid me back down on the bed. "Hey, you just endured a major surgery. No movement, doctors orders". 

It was agonizing, the pain in my chest, the broken ribs being the main cause followed by surgery. We sat there for a few seconds before he left to get a doctor, or somebody from the waiting room.

Every small movement I made hurt worse than the time before. Bandages covered several spots of my arms, a tight wrap around my torso, to keep my surgery wound clean and ribs in place.

Peaking my head up at the sense of someone standing outside my door, I am almost cried at the person before me. Jay stood there, absolutely terrified of the state I was in. "Jay", the second I spoke his name, I cried. Although it hurt, he rushed to my side grabbing my hand.

His hand brushed through my hair before placing a kiss on my cheek, his own tears streaming down his face. "Blake". Softly lifting my hand, I touched his cheek, wiping away the tears.

"I'm ok, just a little banged up". Lifting his other hand, he placed it on top of mine. Leaning into my hand, loved filled in his eyes. Remembering our plans, a small frown filled my face.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, the brunette looked at me with concern. "Our date". Although the situation that I was in wasn't ideal he still chuckled a little.

"I don't care about that date. I only care about you". Leaning closer to me, he stopped once he was inches away from kissing me. "It always will be you Blake Severide"

Blushing, I stared into his beautiful green eyes. Leaning forward slowly, he stared straight into my eyes, occasionally flicking towards my lips. Hesitating ever so slowly, I gave a small nod, permission.

Gently pressing our lips together, my body ignited with something I have never felt before. It definitely wasn't the pain from the explosion or the surgery. Kissing back softly as to not tear my stitches, we pulled away after a few seconds. Biting my lip a look of happiness washed over my face.

The moment we kissed, it was like our hearts connected, our souls linked. We talked for a few minutes, our hands never leaving one another's. It was serene, very calm. Kissing my cheek, Jay stood up. "I have go, but I will be by tomorrow before shift, and after shift"

Nodding, I squeezed his hand before reluctantly releasing it. "Be safe Ice-Pop. Only one injured at a time". Chuckling ever so slightly, I watched him walk away before a few more people came into the room.

I smiled weakly at the crew, concern so clear it was burning. "Blake you are never allowed to be this hospital again do you understand me.". I tried to maintain a serious face as I stared at Stella but I couldn't.

Laughter sounded throughout the room, but the physical pain I felt, I couldn't. Whining softly, I felt helpless, and to say I felt like my body was on fire would be an understatement. "I will try"

———

Soon the firehouse left, they could tell I was starting to get tired, and that the pain was starting affect me. I thought I would be alone but my darling brother walked through the door.

Sitting next to me on one of the chairs, he kept me company, knowing I would lose my mind. I was trying to listen to something when I really sharp pain entered my side. Gripping his hand tightly, Kelly suit up and was by my side in an instant;

"Blake". I tried to respond but I couldn't. The pain grew worse and my breathing was becoming really choppy. The machine next to my bed started to go haywire and Kelly, well he continued to hold my hand screaming for someone.

Crying out Will and Nat came flying in the room, both showing severe concern. As Will touched my side, I flinched away, whimpering loudly. Tears filled my vision, and voices started to become muffled. Looking towards Kelly, he remained by my side, anxiety in his eyes. "We need to get her to the OR"

Staring at my brother, fear flashed through me. He squeezed my hand before letting it go. "You'll be ok, I will be right here when you get back".

Wheeling me away with urgency, I was brought immediately into the OR. The medication was pushed through my iv, and the next thing I know, I was out.

———
"Her lung collapsed, a small piece of her rib must of pierced it" was the first thing I heard waking up, besides the machines.

"I can't lose her Will. She shouldn't even be in this position, I am the older brother, I should be the one to handle the pain". Rolling my eyes, I opened them slowly before glancing at my brother.

"You ain't losing me big brother, besides it's my turn to take the injury. You got the last few". Swiftly by my side, relief in his features.

"I would like it more if you would stop giving me a heart attack".

Trying not to laugh, I cracked a really weak smile. "It's my job as your little sister to give you heart attacks"

Rolling his eyes, he laughed. His hand running through my hair. "Obviously"

————
A few hours later, with several naps being taken from Kelly and I. We found ourselves awake watching something he found on TV. "You do realize he is going to get himself shot right" I pointed out as I watched the show progress.

"No he won't. He...." but he was cut off and proven wrong when the guy got shot. Smirking at my brother, he rolled his eyes, softly punching me in the arm.

I was about to mock him some more when a frazzled detective came rushing into the hospital room. "Sorry I couldn't get here sooner, our suspect wasn't cooperating". Watching with furrowed eyebrows as my brother and Jay communicated through their eyes.

Intertwining our hands, my brother left the room with a smile, knowing I was in safe hands with Jay. "What are you doing here, you said you had work". Softly caressing my cheek, I leaned on my pillow to look at him comfortably.

"Kelly called me, told me you had to go back into surgery. I was so freaking worried Blake. I tried to come sooner but I..."

Squeezing his hand, I stopped the cute rambling that he does. "Jay, it's alright". Sitting on the edge of my bed, the brunette detective didn't leave my side.

Pictures

I just want to point out that Jay is turning into a Mini Voight

I just want to point out that Jay is turning into a Mini Voight. The thing that he is doing with his hands and the vest is the same thing Hank does with his. I have no clue if the vest are comfy or not but I thought it was ironic.