🚒7🚒

Blake

Leads were found, I stayed in Jay's chair. Basically falling asleep in boredom. That was until I heard footsteps come up the stairs. Sitting up slightly from the commotion, my eyes widened I shock as I saw Kevin walk up the stairs with a guy in handcuffs.

Recognizing him as one of the suspects Kelly and I put in the file. The second his soulless eyes met mine, a wave of fury flashed inside of them. Blinking rapidly, I noticed the guy try to lunge out of Atwater's hands.

A certain detective stood in front of me, his stance holding one of protection. Yelling came from the man as he was being dragged towards one of the interrogation rooms. Letting out a shaky breath, Jay turned to look at me. "You ok"

Nodding slowly, I ran a hand through my hair. "Peachy, I really need that drink now".

Watching Voight motion for Jay, he looked at me for a second. Giving the brunette detective a smile, he jogged after Voight. Talking to Adam and Kevin, the two best friends told an epic take down story. Chuckling at the two, I smiled at the both of them. The two boy were like brothers, always having each other's back, and finishing each other's lines.

The sound of a code being typed, caused my head to turn towards the noise. I stood there anxiously as Jay and Voight grabbed their gun from the locker. It was silent in the room, everyone wanting to know if this case was over with.

My attention on the Sergeant as he walked towards all of us. "Let's pack it up, he confessed". A look of relief passed through me. Sending him a grateful nod, he entered his office, shutting the door.

Jay approached me, a smirk on his face. "I think it is a great time to get that drink". Shaking my head laughing, the two of us made our way downstairs with the other's. All of of us starting to bicker with one another about what is better. Cupcakes or brownies. I of course was just listening in. As Jay and I approached his truck, I was dragged into it by Adam.

"You got to answer Mini Severide". Giving him a look of disbelief, I climbed into Jay's truck. Before I could shut the door, his voice rang out. "We aren't finished, this is continuing at Molly's". Laughing as I shut the door, I saw Jay looking at me.

Raising my eyebrow, he stared into my eyes. "Blake, you better be a cupcake girl or I am kicking you out of this truck". Holding my hands up in mock surrender, I nodded. Approval filled his eyes. "Good". Leaning back into the seats, I had a look of amusement on my face.

-----------

Sitting at one of the tables in Molly's, Jay sat across from me. Around me was everyone else in intelligence, seeing as the fire gang hasn't made an appearance yet. Staring at Adam, he started to shrink back under my gaze. "I dare you ask the firehouse that question, I can assure you they might kick you out of Molly's" . They other's drank their beers, amusement in their eyes, laughter at the tip of their tongues.

Glancing at Jay from across the table, he just smiled at me. Smiling back at him, I felt my heart skip a beat. Hearing the door open, my brother's voice was heard above all the other's. Quickly getting up from my seat, I made my way towards him. Instantly spotting me, Kelly jogged towards me, pulling me into a brotherly hug. A laugh of relief being heard.

We only had enough time to smile at each other before i was quickly thrown into a group hug by the rest of 51. "Blake, it was unbearable. Don't ever piss off another arsonist". Rolling my eyes at Cruz, I gave him a saracastic smile.

"Yes, because it was my intention to get a crazy arsonist to start blowing up my stuff". Turning back, I saw Intelligence mingling in with 51, a big crazy family. Noticing Jay chilling by himself, I made my way over to him. "Looking a little lonely Soldier. Hope you don't mind the company".

Chuckling ever so slightly, he sent me a cheeky smile. "I could never, especially when it is a pretty, firecracker like yourself". Winking at the blue-green eyed detective, the two of us fell into a easy conversation. Accidentally moving my hand on the table, my skin met his. A spark was felt, and a tingling feeling raced through me. Snapping my eyes towards Jay's, I knew he felt the same thing.

Smiling softly, I looked away to hide the blush that formed on my cheeks. Softly grabbing my hand and holding it in his, a giddy feeling surrounding me. Locking into his eyes, it was like the world slowed down. "How do you feel about going to dinner with me on Friday".

A grin spread across my face as I nodded. "I would like that". Speaking for a few more minutes, the two of us didn't realize were still holding hands. Kelly did and although he didn't like the idea of his little sister growing up, he smiled softly at the interaction between Jay and I.

Squeezing my hand once more, he left Molly's, not before send me a smile. Sighing softly, a movement of someone sitting next to me and across from me caught my attention. Rotating back around on the chair, I connected eyes with Sylvie, Stella, and Emily. "Girl, what the hell was that. I know I saw the connection earlier at the precinct, but that was something else"

Blushing madly, a soft laugh was heard as I stared at the table. Picking my head up, I bit my lip before shrugging. "I don't know. I.. It just felt right, you know.". Hands grabbed mine, and little cheers came from them. A feeling of giddiness and happiness rushed through me, a feeling I have never gotten before.

Glancing around the room, my eyes made eye contact with my brother, and a look of happiness in his eyes. Saying a quick goodbye to the girls, I wandered over to my brother. Taking the seat next to him, I gave him a questioning gaze. "What are you happy about Big Brother"

A knowing look flashed through his features. Putting down his beer, he leaned on the bar. "Thinking of ways to scare away boys Little Sister". At first I was confused, until I realized he saw Jay and I. Blushing slightly embarrassed, his chuckles filled the area around us before pulling me into a hug. "Just be careful. I maybe ok with him, but if it hurts you, not even Voight will be able to find him".

Little did I know, that the giddy feeling, and electric sensation I felt, would be the beginning of an adventure. One of love and darkness. A world full of happiness, and one of sadness.
I would be falling in love with my other half. Who's job is as dangerous and unpredictable as mine.

Pictures