Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Ginny

       Even though Nick had class today, and I had school, he let me stay in his dorm room while he went to class in the morning. He just texted my mom, telling her I wasn't feeling good after staying in the storm for a while. She believed me, thankfully, and called the school to tell them I was staying home.

       When both Nick and Todd left, I went back to sleep until Nick came back. I had the door open, which woke me up from my sleep. He dropped his bag beside the bed, took off his shoes, and laid down beside me on the bed. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

       "Horrible."

       "I'm sorry, Ginny," he said. "I shouldn't have told you that we should spend less time together. I feel like it's my fault."

       "It's not your fault," I said. "We did spend the whole summer together after all. Maybe we just needed some space."

       "Yeah," he said. "But not anymore, okay? I want you to come to me if you ever feel upset, no matter what I say or if we got into a fight. I don't want to be scared like that again."

       "Okay," I said. "I'm sorry for scaring you. I just....I can't be near my dad anymore. I hate when he calls me a disappointment or telling me that....that he's happy I lost the baby."

       Nick wrapped his arms tighter around me. "I'm really sorry you have to go through that," he said in a soft voice before grabbing a piece of paper off of the nightstand. "I drew this for you, by the way. I was hoping it would make you feel better."

       I smiled at him, then looked at the sketch of me. "Thank you," I said, gently taking it from him. "They always make me feel better." I sat up, as did Nick. "I'm kind of hungry."

       "Then thankfully, I filled up the fridge recently," he said, getting off the bed and opening the fridge. "I'm too lazy to go downstairs. So, what do you want? Burrito, salad, chicken wrap...."

       "Ooh, chicken wrap, please," I said. He grabbed two of them out and handed one to me before sitting back down beside me.

       The door opened and Todd walked inside. "Lady and gentlemen, I have officially done what people thought was impossible," he announced, dropping his bag on the floor.

       "Passing class?" Nick asked.

       "No," Todd said. "Well, not yet at least. I'm working on it. I'm talking about the really impossible. I am officially in a relationship."

       "With who?" Nick asked.

       "With this beautiful girl called Emma Ginary," Todd said.

       "Funny."

       "What, I'm not lying," Todd said.

       "Right," Nick said sarcastically. "First off, I highly doubt you'd have a girlfriend if you're gay. And two, Emma Ginary sounds an awful lot like imaginary."

       "That's it, I want a dumb roommate," Todd said. "I don't like having a genius for one."

       "Please, do get a different roommate," Nick said.

       "You know, now that you want a different one, I will not get a new roommate," Todd said. "Anyway, I actually am in a relationship. Darby broke up with his girlfriend yesterday and after class, he told me that he does like me and we're going to try dating."

       "Aww, yay," I said. "I like you two together."

       "Thanks," Todd said with a smile.