Chapter 20

Here's a shout out to LainaH02 for also suggesting Gingersnap two chapters ago, but because of the email notifications being stupid, I didn't see the comment. cx

Chapter 20

Ginny

       I wasn't going to get out of bed. Ever again.

       Okay, I would in a few days, but not now.

       And it sucked that in a few days, we were going to be on a plane, heading back home to Miami. I really didn't want to go home. I didn't want to go back to seeing my dad and since school was going to start soon, I wasn't going to be able to spend nights with Nick as much.

       Nick sat down on the bed and rubbed my back. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

       "I'm dying," I said. "I'm in a bad mood. I'm tired. I want ice cream. I want chocolate. I want to cuddle."

       "A simple 'not good' would have sufficed," Nick said. "So, what do you want? Ice cream, chocolate, or cuddling?"

       "Ice cream," I said. "No....Chocolate. Wait, ice cream. But I want chocolate. Ooh, chocolate ice cream sounds good."

       "Okay," he said. "I'll go get some."

       He stood up, but I grabbed his wrist to prevent him from leaving. "No, I want to cuddle," I whined.

       Nick sighed. "You can't have things both way, Gingersnap."

       "But I want ice cream," I said.

       "Then I will go get you ice cream," he said.

       However, I was being too fickle and I didn't let him leave yet. "But I want to cuddle."

       "Okay, ice cream or cuddles?" Nick asked. "Because we have ice cream in the freezer. I can get it now then you could eat it while we cuddle."

       "Okay," I said. "Thank you."

       "No need to thank me," he said before leaving the bedroom. 

       Nick returned soon enough with a small pint of chocolate ice cream and a spoon. He handed it to me before sitting down beside me. I sat up and scooted closer to him as he grabbed his laptop off of the nightstand and set it in front of us. He turned on a movie while I continued eating the ice cream.

      When I finished the ice cream, I laid down and resting my head on Nick's lap as he ran his head through my hair. "I'm sorry I'm such a pain," I said.

       Nick chuckled. "I'm used to it. I've been dating you for over a year."

       "I'm still sorry that I'm a pain."

       "It's okay, I forgive you," he said, rubbing my arm. "These moments make it worth it."

       I lifted my head and gave Nick a smile. He smiled back and leaned down, pressing his lips softly on mine. "I love you," I said.

       "I love you too," he said before I laid my head back on his lap. 

       Even though the movie that was playing was one of my favorites, I ended up falling asleep for a short nap. However, it didn't last long because I woke up, cramping really badly. Nick ended up falling asleep too, but he shortly woke up due to my constant whining.

       I was surprised he was able to put up with me for this long.

       Nick rubbed his eyes before looking at me. "Do you need some medicine?" he asked in a tired voice.

       "Yes, please," I said. "Sorry."

       "It's fine," he said before getting off of the bed and heading back down stairs. He then came back with a glass of water and some advil for me. I thanked him before taking it and setting the glass on the nightstand.

       "You seem irritated," I said as he laid down beside me, his arms resting behind his head.

       "I'm not."

       "Are you sure?" I asked.

       "Yes."

       I sighed before resting my head on his chest. "I'm still sorry."

       "You have nothing to be sorry for," he said. "This happens."

       "Yeah, but I'm really irritating you and I feel bad," I said. "Especially because it takes a lot to get you irritated."

       "Ginny, I promise, you're not irritating me," he said.

       "Then what's wrong?" I asked.

       "Nothing," he said. "I'm just...." He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Nothing."

       "Nick, you're really worrying me," I said. "You're rarely irritated and I'm worried that it's my fault."

       "It's not your fault, Ginny," he said. "I promise."

       "Okay," I said, but I couldn't help but have a frown on my face. Nick really looked irritated and whatever the reason was, it couldn't be good.

       "I'm actually going to go take Mason for a walk," Nick said, so I lifted my head off of his chest, allowing him to get off of bed and leave the bedroom.

       I sighed and laid back down on the bed, curling up into a ball under the blankets. I've rarely ever seen Nick look so irritated and he wasn't even telling me what was going on. I just hoped I wasn't the actual cause of it because I knew how annoying I was this time of the month.

       I tried taking a nap, but I was too worried about Nick. He soon came back into the bedroom with Mason following, and he no longer looked irritated. He was back to looking like the regular, happy Nick.

       He sat down beside me. "Sorry about that," he said. "I just had to go for a walk to clear my mind."

       "Are you okay now?" I asked.

       "I think so," he said. "So, how about the cuddles?"

       I smiled as he laid back down and I rested my head on his chest. "I'm glad you're okay," I said. "I was really worried for a bit."

       "I know," he said. "I'm sorry I worried you. I'm fine now."

______________

Lol, I hope you didn't forget that I like adding drama to my stories. :D

I'm so tired but it's too early for me to go to bed. 10:30 pm is too early for me. cx