Chapter 8

The song above is what Ginny sings in this chapter. It's the same one in the trailer that was made for this book. :)

Chapter 8

Ginny

       Today, my school was having a night of music to showcase the performing art classes here. Anyone who wanted could choose to perform whatever they want; a piece on an instrument, singing a song, a monologue, anything.

       The best part was that anyone could come watch and even though Nick was extremely busy with upcoming exams, he said he was going to come watch me perform a song.

       One of the many reasons why I loved my boyfriend to death.

       Well, I was hoping he would show up any minute now. I was up next and I couldn't ask to go later on. I already tried and the refused to switch the order, even though all it was was going on the small stage set up in the cafeteria and performing. It wasn't going to mess up the order.

       "Do you see him yet?" I asked my brother.

       Grayson sighed. "You asked me that ten seconds ago. No, he isn't here yet. Maybe he just isn't going to show."

       That caused my to punch Grayson in the arm. "You could at least give me confidence."

       "Okay, fine," Grayson said. "Ginny, Nick is totally going to show up any time now. Did that help?"

       "I'm serious," I said. "Even Dad came here. Probably because Mom forced him to. He didn't want to because he's mad that I'm going to Hawaii."

       "I don't see why it's a big deal for you to go," Grayson said. "Yeah, you're only sixteen, but so many people will be there. It's not like it was going to be just you and Nick."

       "I know," I said. "And now I have to share a room with an eight year old."

       "Aww, poor Ginny," Grayson said with an eye roll. "Knowing Elliot, she'll probably just tell Dad you're sharing a room with Elizabeth and let you share with Nick. Or she might actually make you share with Elizabeth and have Nick share with Aaron."

       I sighed. "Hopefully not." Don't get me wrong, I loved Elizabeth, but I'd rather not share with someone eight years younger than me.

       The performance in front of me finished, so I was then called onto the stage after someone set a piano on the stage for me. And there was still no sign of Nick.

       I frowned, getting onto the stage and sitting down at the piano. I adjusted the microphone in front of me so it was at the perfect angle. I then looked forward, just in time to see Nick walk into the cafeteria, making me feel a lot less nervous.

       Nick smiled at me and I smiled back before looking down at the piano. I took a deep breath before starting the song I practiced so many times. I thought it was perfect how I felt most of the time.

       A lot of people, my dad especially, thought I was way too young to be in love with someone, especially someone three years older than me. They all thought what I was feeling wasn't real, and I hated it. They didn't know how I felt. They didn't know how Nick makes me feel on a daily basis.

       I hated it so much.

       So many people I know fell in love at a young age and were still together. Grayson and Poppy, Laughlin and Elliot, even Munro and Kamille though they were broken up for two years at one point.

       It was only different with me because of the age gap that wasn't even a big deal.

       When I finished my performance, everyone clapped. I smiled faintly, taking a bow before getting off the stage.