Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Ginny

       I never get people who hit on someone who clearly had a girlfriend or boyfriend. They were either very stupid, or were selfish enough not to care. 

      So far, we had been in Hawaii for a week and I lost count on how many girls would flirt with Nick, even with me there. I would glare at them, but they didn't seem to notice, and they would leave before Nick could even say something.

      All of us were at the beach today and later tonight, there was going to be a luau at the beach for people staying at one of the resorts nearby. And I bet my money that girls there were going to flirt with Nick. I hated it, but Nick was too attractive not to flirt with.

       Then again, that was my judgment because he was very attractive to me.

       Here at the beach, it was a bit crowded and I kept seeing girls looking over at Nick and shooting flirty glances.

       I curled my lips into a pout as I plugged my earphones into my ear and turned on some music. Stupid Nick being to attractive.

       A few moments later, Nick pulled one of the earphones out of my ear. "What's with the cute pout?" he asked.

       "You're so oblivious."

       "About what?" he asked.

       "Girls keep staring at you," I said.

       "I haven't noticed it."

       "Why are guys so oblivious?" I asked, partly to myself. "So, Nick, want to put some sunscreen on my back?"

       "You already have sunscreen on your back."

       As much as I loved Nick, he was really oblivious to somethings.

       "No duh," I said. "I thought you would have loved to rub my back."

       Nick chuckled. "Alright, I see what you're doing. I'm not going to put more sunscreen on your back, but...." He pulled me closer, wrapping his arm around my waist. "If this isn't silently telling those girls to stop, then I don't know what will."

       "Making out will. Want to make out?"

       Nick chuckled. "Not in a public place."

       "You're no fun," I said, pouting again.

       Nick just smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss. "Yeah, I love you too."

       "I still want to make out."

       Nick rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek instead. "How about that?"

       "No. Making out involved the lips."

       Nick quickly stood up from his spot and stood in front of me. He grabbed my hand and helped me stand up, then he lifted me up and put me on his shoulder. Before I knew it, he ran to the water and I told him to put me down, but he didn't. Instead, he dunked us under the water.

       When we both came above the water, Nick looked at me with a smile, brushing the wet hair out of my face before leaning down and pressing his lips on mine. When he pulled away, he smiled again. "How about that?" he asked.

       "I guess it will do," I said. "For now."

       "You have an obsession with making out," Nick said.

       "I do not."

       "You kind of do," he said. "I still love you."

       "I love you too," I said.