Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ginny

       I really didn't want to go back to school, but Mom wasn't going to let me miss anymore days. Not only that, but my science class was going on a field trip to the aquarium and I didn't want to miss out on that.

       Luckily, my last day of school this year was next week, so I only had a few more days to put up with people. And I had a dog now to keep me company when I was feeling upset. 

       I really loved Nick for getting me a dog. It was a boy and I decided to name it Mason after Nick's middle name.

       I walked into my first class, science class, and immediately made my way to the back. I was hoping the field trip wouldn't be too tiring because I was already exhausted.

       Poppy's sister-in-law was actually my teacher, and the teacher I was going to be on the field trip with, and even though she didn't know exactly what was going on, it was going to be easier asking her for a break if I ever felt like I needed to be away from everyone.

       When the bell rang, Charlie stood up at the front of the class. "Well, I'm glad to see everyone is on time for the field trip," she said. "I've separated you all into six groups of five, and the leader of your group are actually volunteers. They're from MDC and they volunteered to take part of the field trip. They should be here soon so in the meantime, I'll tell you whose groups you're in."

       I ended up being in group three with people I couldn't stand. Great.

       We had to wait for a bit for the volunteers to show up, and when they did, I felt like swooning.

       It was official. I had a crush on one of the volunteers.

       The only downside was Liliana was one of the volunteers so I was going to be stuck looking at her face all day. Especially if I was put in her group.

       I better not be put in her group.

       "Here are our six volunteers," Charlie said. "We got Liliana, Paige, Franny, Franklin, Eddie, and Nick." The last one was definitely a hottie.

       One girl in my class raised her hand. "Mrs. McCormick, who is the leader of each group?" she asked.

       Charlie looked at her list. "Group one's leader is Eddie, group two is Paige, group three is Nick...."

       "Yes!" I accidentally said aloud, causing everyone to look at me with raised eyebrows. Some girls even snorted and rolled their eyes. I cleared my throat. "Sorry...."

       Charlie finished saying who was the leader of each group, then told everyone to go to their group and get to know the leader while we waited for the bus to show. Nick smiled at me when I walked over, and I smiled back. I was very happy that Nick was actually here and the leader of my group. It was going to be a lot easier to get through the day.