I gave him a small smile and didn't talk further. He diverted the topic into something else and I was glad he did it because I was starting to stress myself about why did Miles really left.

It was around afternoon when the weather was nice that we decided to enjoy the beach and take a deep. Since I didn't bring any swimwear, I wore my underwear while Pierre was just in his board shorts.

We had fun by the water and of course, since we had the beach all by ourselves, you really can't blame us if we can't get enough of each other. Pierre was teasing me the whole time, saying we blessed every part of the beach house with a mindblowing orgasm. That earned him a good hit by the arm and teases me again for hitting like a boxer. And damn if I'm not proud of that. At least my years of training judo paid off, at least he knew what's coming his way if he ever dare tease me again. But of course, knowing Pierre, he just doesn't stop.

This day felt like a dream.

I've pinched myself a couple of times; trying to wake myself up if ever these are all just my hopeful imagination. If ever this is, I wish not to wake up anymore. In here, Pierre is with me, my parents don't fight and I feel loved.

It was sunset when Pierre prepared a dinner for the both of us by the beach front. We were having the time of our life when my phone rang. And as if it was world's slapping it onto my face to wake me up from my dream, I received a call from Linda, one of our househelp. I already have this feeling that something is wrong.

"Linda? What's wrong?" I asked cautiously. Pierre and I exchanged knowing look as if we could that there's gotta be something wrong.

"Miss..." she trailed off. "I think it's better if you go home right now." She stammered anxiously. I felt like something inside me twisted painfully. My heart began to beat painfully inside my chest as the worse case scenarios pass through my mind.

"Your parents, Miss. Mr. Blaisdell left and your mom... Mrs. Blaisdell called for the family lawyer." I gasped. The horror in my face gave me away. My world felt like it had stopped spinning for a while and when it did again, it spun fast and unstoppable. It's overwhelming.

I didn't even notice Pierre talking to me. I was just staring blankly at particularly nothing when i finally found my voice.

"Baby? Are you okay? Veronica?" Pierre called for me over and over again.

"Pierre... I" I blinked at him. "I need to go home."

The drive back home was uncomfortably silent.

My head is reeling with so many questions and what ifs. Why did dad leave? Did they fight? Again? About what this time? Why did mom called for the lawyer? Is she filing divorce? Why? Can't they work out anymore? Don't they want a complete and normal family? Can't they do that for me? I've never really had a complete family before. And now that I'm finally with them, they're separating. Don't I deserve a complete family? Don't I deserve to be happy? EVERYTHING IS SO FUCKIN SCREWED UP.

The whole ride, Pierre didn't let go of my hand. He would constantly reassure me that everything would be okay and I couldn't be more grateful that he's here with me.

Maybe because of too much stress, I fell asleep in the middle of the ride back home.

I just felt Pierre calling my name while kissing my forehead over and over again just to wake me up.

We were already in front of our manor and I have to willed myself and summon all my guts to take a step closer to the house.

"I'll call you later, Pierre." I told him when I got out of his car. He frowned at me but there's still worry etched on his face.