Home tomorrow?

1h later

Kpov

I woke up when I heard Ariana’s little squeaks. I opened my eyes to see her looking at me. I couldn't help but smile. She was making sucking motions with her mouth but was content. I slid my pinkie into her mouth and let her suck on that. She was content and we just laid there looking at each other.

"Can mommy check her phone sweetie? Then you can have my finger back."

I slowly took my finger out of her mouth and grabbed my phone off the stand. Ariana looked at me in confusion as I switched hands. Putting my phone In the hand that was under my daughter. And then gave my finger back to her. I saw I had 5 text messages and 3 missed calls...from rob. "Damn it" I said under my breathe as I went Into my contacts and called rob.

"Hey" I said

"Hey your awake."

"How did you know I was asleep?"

"I saw you two. I'm in the cafeteria right now, I wanted to let you two get some sleep."

"Well thanks." I giggled.

"What are you two doing now?"

"Laying here. I have you on speaker phone because the hand that I have the phone in, is the one that's under her and she's sucking my finger on my other hand. She's pretty content right now. I woke up to her squeaks"

"Squeaks?"

"I was trying to figure out what was squeaking and when I opened my eyes I realized it was her. She was staring at me, making sucking motions with her mouth. I swear to God Rob this girl is so adorable."

"Yes she is. Well I'll be up in a few minutes ok."

"Ok sounds good, I'm going to feed her."

"Ok, I love you both."

We love you too I said before I hung up. I put my phone back on the table and then shifted Ariana as I sat up. I laid her against my chest and then called the nurse. The nurse brought a bottle in and I laid back against the chair as I began feeding her. Her eyes never left mine. Every minute I fall more in love with this girl. She's everything I ever wanted in life.

Rob came in a few minutes later.

"Hey girls"

"Hey daddy" I playfully said to Rob. 

He giggled and came over to us. I got up offering him my seat. He sat down and I passed Ariana to him. She was awake and looking around. He finished giving her the bottle and then burped her. I went over and sat on his lap laying my head on his shoulder. Watching him as he hummed to our daughter and as she fell asleep in her daddy's arm. Everything felt perfect.

6pm- six hours later

Rob was eating and I was changing Ariana when the doctor came in

"Hey you guys"

"Hello" I said as I shook his hand and Rob did the same.

"Well not that you need to hear it again but you daughter is doing amazingly well and has gained over a pound in this short time."

"That's great." I said as I looked at Ariana. She was oblivious to what was happening. She was just looking around chewing on her fingers.

"I have more good news."

I looked at him.

"We're letting her go home tomorrow."

My jaw dropped and I put my hand over my mouth as I cried. Rob came over and put his arms around me. "Finally" was all I could whisper to him.

"Congratulations, we will have the paper work ready in the morning." The doctor smiled as he walked out

We looked at Ariana, I was lost for words. I turned to Rob. "We are finally going to be together as a family." I said to him.

He smiled. "Yes, I can't wait."

"Me either." I smiled at him.

We stood there with our arms around each other watching Ariana who was clutching the blanket bringing it to her mouth.
"I have a feeling she's going to be a pacifier baby Rob"

"I think your right love."

"She seems to always want something in her mouth."

"Yeah I've noticed that too."

We stood there for a long time. Until Rob spoke

"I know it's early love but do you think we should get going and get everything set up at home?"

"Yeah that sounds good."

We broke apart and I picked Ariana up cradling her against my chest and started talking to her.

"We're going to get going hun, we love you and we both will be here in the morning and you get to break out of here and come home with us. Goodnight sweetheart" I said to her as I passed her to rob.

He said his own goodnights and then laid her back in the isolate. We let the nurse know we were leaving early and then headed out.

We got home and Rob let me take the little stuff in while he got the big stuff. Rob sat the bassinet up against the wall on the other side of our room while I went through the clothes he got. I asked which one he wanted to use tomorrow and we agreed on a simple onesie

I hung the rest of them up and used this new organization piece he had got for diapers, wipes, bibs, binkies, bulb syringes, infant Tylenol, first aid kits

I hung the rest of them up and used this new organization piece he had got for diapers, wipes, bibs, binkies, bulb syringes, infant Tylenol, first aid kits. Extra blankets, flip books, burp clothes and tons of other items. I got all that set up and Rob moved the piece into our closet. I took the diaper bag he had bought and stocked that up with essentials and took it downstairs along with the bottles, formula and some diapers. I put the bag by the couch and put the rest of the stuff in the pantry. And then headed back upstairs. Rob had ordered pizza and we spent the rest of the night cuddling eachother, trying to wrap our heads around the fact that we were bringing our baby home tomorrow.