Twenty - Blame it on the rain.

(^listen to the song whilst reading ^)

Chapter Twenty – Raven POV.

Why? Why did we have to meet?

Why did I have to save your life in that corridor?

Damn Jaxon Carlos. If it wasn't for him, fucking up his probation, I wouldn't have had to save you from being beat the shit out of.

I won't put it up to fate. Fate doesn't exist. Life is just a series of moments and coincidences, and the choices that come with it.

Matters like 'fate' and 'destiny' are delusions that people believe in to give their life more depth, more meaning.

You won't catch me trying to 'follow my destiny' any time soon.

We are just entities amongst millions of life-forms, and our lives have no real meaning.

Regardless of these facts, I believe it's important to live life to the fullest.

I mean, we only have one dastardly chance on this earth. Might as well make it a fucking great one.

~

I blame it on the rain. I so blame it on the rain.

It's 11:20pm when we finally arrive.

It would have taken us barely fifteen minutes to get to hospital, but five minutes into the drive it started pouring with rain and we had to take the long route around town (because the hospital is conveniently all the way on the other side) to avoid flooding. Therefore we ended up arriving over twice the amount of time we should have later, our smiles of victory against Felix Greene long gone.

We're sopping wet, frustrated, anxious and fucking angry. Well, I'm the angry one.

And boy do we make an entrance.

The nurses in the lobby of St. Louisa's Hospital wear astonished looks on their faces as we storm in through the automatic doors and plaster ourselves to the glass panel between the receptionist and us.

Neither of us can speak for several moments, seemingly shocked that we'd managed to get here. The receptionist with a nametag of Natalie stares, horrified, at us, until she composes herself.

"Um," she starts, undoubtedly put off by our appearance; annoyed, drenched and well – we're probably wearing our intimidating façade. I know for a fact that neither one of us is very good in social situations and usually resorts to intimidation when interacting with someone. It's a go-to thing.

"C-can I help you?" she inquires, looking off to the side towards what I assume is the button to call security. I don't try to drop any smiles, or to get on her good side.

I've had enough of that for one day.

"You called my phone number," Flynn states in a monotone. "About Angelo Greene."

The receptionist's face pales visibly. "Oh right, that's you..." she sighs sadly. "Firstly, may I ask you state your relation to the patient?"

I groan, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "Is this really necessary? Look, clearly we're the only people available to visit him. You called us! Can we just see him?"

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry miss, I'm afraid it's mandatory we ask the name and relation, and anyway-"

"Fine! The name's Blaze Montenegro and this is Flynn Avery and we're Greene's closest – and probably only – friends, now can we please go and see him?" I demand, my voice rising dangerously.