Seven - Lemon-Flavoured Lolly Pops.

Chapter Seven.

I never found out what Blaze would give me for breakfast.

Shortly after what Blaze Montenegro called my 'internal breakdown', I blurted out an apology and fled from her house.

It doesn't take me long to get home. I manage to find my way fairly easily, and sooner than later I'm at my front door.

Although when I get up to my room, my alarm goes off, scaring the shit out of me. 7am.

Well, I guess suicidal thoughts will have to wait.

I'm such an idiot. What kind of fucking psychopath jokes about their own suicidal thoughts?

~

I look terrible.

I stare at myself in the tiny mirror in the corner of the men's bathroom at school. I must say, I'm glad no one's here. This particular bathroom in the school is usually abandoned due to the smell.

I would say I look as bad as it smells in here, but even that would be a little harsh. It really fucking stinks in here.

I have huge purple bags under my eyes and my black greasy hair hangs around my face, making my complexion even paler. I probably should have stayed home, but it's a Tuesday, and Tuesday is game day. Dad invites 'round all his poker buddies for the whole day. Believe me, getting caught in the middle of that is not something I'd rather do than go to school.

I sigh and pull my hood up, and walk out of the bathroom, breathing in the fresh air of the corridor.

~

"And now it's time for a recap," our teacher says in a monotone voice. I have a feeling teaching Physics in a run-down public school wasn't Mrs Mayors dream job.

"The energy in watts, multiplied by the time in seconds, equals..." she looks around the class, until her small beady eyes zone in on... "Mr Greene. Since you look so engaged, why don't you answer the question?"

I look up in surprise. Truth be told, I was listening. I was listening whilst drawing the latest addition to my sketchbook, the one I started yesterday in English Lit. However...

Okay, I have no idea what she's talking about. Unless I want to be a particle of energy when I'm older, why the hell do I need to know this? I'm probably not even going to live until tomorrow, a sad thought slithers its way into my consciousness.

I stare right into Mrs Mayor's eyes, my cheeks flushing, trying to come up with a plausible answer, whilst simultaneously wondering if those small, black eyes of hers show a glimpse into her soul, when...

SLAM! The classroom door bangs open and a boy walks in, clad in grey, ripped jeans, a holier-than-thou smirk, and, lone behold! A worn leather jacket.

Flynn Avery stands in the doorway of my Physics class.

"Hi," he says, flashing a flirty smile at Mrs Mayor. I swear I see her blush. "I believe the answer you're looking for is 'energy', Ma'am." He quips. The whole class is in utter silence, staring at him in what I'm sure is awe. I sit, planted in my seat, gaping at him.

What in Hades is he doing? He doesn't even go here!

Flynn's smile drops a bit at the silence he's met with, but he soon makes up for it. "Well, I'm told this is Angelo Greene's classroom..." he looks around, and when his bright blue eyes meet mine, he grins. "There you are. Come on mate, we've got somewhere to be,"

I look around. Mrs Mayor seems suddenly occupied in looking at her notebook, and no one else is meeting my eyes. Nobody objects him, or tells the strange boy to get out of their classroom.