Ten - James Bond.

Chapter Ten – Flynn's POV.

My fist fucking hurts.

That's my first thought when I look down at my bloody knuckles, slightly encrusted with glass and undoubtedly bruised.

But there's no time for that. In the few seconds I paused to brush the shards from myself, Alisha caught up with me.

"Oh, my god," she shrills, looking down at the blood and penetrating my personal bubble way more than necessary. I flinch when she takes my hand in hers, and I step back, wrenching it from her grasp.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hiss at her, "I just smashed in a window, and you're worried about my fist?"

As soon I finish my sentence, her worried façade drops. Her honey-brown eyes narrow suspiciously at me. "Just a minute ago, you were trying to seduce me. And your hand is covered in blood. Sorry for being a decent human being." She snaps.

I'm taken aback. Where did that come from? I turn around, deciding to brush her off, and remind myself that I'm about be breaking-and-entering, this is definitely not the time for dispute.

"Yeah, whatever," I mutter, looking through the now shattered window pane into the small, dark office. No one seems to have noticed the loud ruckus being made out here, and it's not surprising that there aren't any security systems at this school. "Now, if you don't mind, I didn't just break this window for the fun of it. I'm actually busy now, so..." I wiggle my fingers at the girl standing impatiently beside me and smile fiendishly, "Buh-bye now!"

Her jaw drops, and I flash her one last grin, before lifting myself up through the window, getting scraped by a few shards of stray glass, but other than that, it's A-Okay.

As soon as I'm standing upright in the office, I look around for a light source, because it's bloody dark in here. But with a quick flip of a switch, I know I won't find anything in here.

However, through a door adjacent to the previous, I hit jackpot. A fairly large room with rows of cabinets, shelves and desks, but this time, it's occupied.

A thin, grey-haired woman with spectacles hanging dangerously on the edge of her nose turns from her computer monitor to regard me distastefully. Her nose scrunches up as she gives me a look-over, then brings both her hands in front of her in a careful manner.

She looks like Professor McGonagall's twin, I think to myself.

"Can I help you?" she asks in a monotone, as if she does this sort of thing on a daily basis. I smirk, and lean on the doorframe.

"Why, I think you can," I reply, grinning. The woman lifts an eyebrow, and to that I saunter across the room, stopping when I reach her desk and place both of my hands on the surface in front of her.

"You can help me," I say flashing a lopsided smile, "by getting the hell out." My smile drops and is replaced with an emotionless face. The old hag looks astonished.

"Excuse me?" she gapes, whilst I drag her up by the arm and push her across the room, gently shoving her out the door.

"Thank you ever so much," I say, my face still stoic, but I imagine I have that mischievous glint in my eyes that Raven's always mocking me about. It's the only thing I can't control when acting. "I'll make sure I put in a good word for you." Then I slam the door on her shock-stricken face, and turn the lock.

"Finally, I'm getting somewhere," I mutter, turning to look for Angelo Greene's file. Honestly, after all of this, I better get a fucking thank you from him. Breaking into a school wasn't exactly on my agenda this week.

I was actually thinking of breaking into the local bank, for starters (honestly, this town has shit security).

As I'm rummaging rapidly through cabinet after cabinet, I feel a buzz go off in my pocket. Raven, of course. That must mean I'm running out of time.

Sure enough, when I quickly pull my phone out, I'm right.

Hate to have to remind you Avery, but we're on a tight schedule here. –R

I click my tongue against the roof of my mouth and continue searching, now not only wary of the time but of the banging on the door and the calling for the police.

Not good.

"Aha!" I yell, when I spot a file with the title Greene, Angelo on it. With speed that would rival Sonic the Hedgehog, I roll up the papers and tuck them into the pocket of my jacket, turning to the door and yank it open, causing a fat old man to fall flat on his face from leaning on the door. "Mr Volana!" a short girl with grass green eyes and brown, wavy hair shrieks, running to help him up. She's wearing full black clothing, which is kind of weird.

"Oops," I grin, and step over them, artfully dodging the teachers and security guards and sprinting off down the corridor.

As soon as I'm outside, I breathe in the fresh air, and hastily make towards my truck when I spot a couple of policemen rounding the corner in my peripheral vision.

C'mon Flynn, you've nearly made it; not time for dawdling.

Just when I'm about to reach my vehicle, I'm yanked to the side and suddenly I'm, yet again, in a compromising position with none other than...

Alisha.

I groan, pulling away from her fuming face, her eyes narrowed dangerously towards me. "What do you want, Alisha? If you can't tell," I look over towards the cops now just a couple yards away, "I'm kinda busy!" I hiss.

"You just left me there!" Alisha shrieked, making me cover her mouth. She removes it, and speaks in a slightly more civilized fashion. "They thought I broke that window! I nearly got arrested because of you!"

I frown. "Well, that doesn't seem right," I jab her skinny, puny arms. "There's no way you could lift your poor old grandma's shopping with those, let alone break a window."

She gapes at me and crossed her arms in retaliation. "Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?"

"James Bond, apparently," I sigh and push her away from me, jamming my keys into the truck and getting in, slamming the door.

"Where are you going?!" she yells through the closed door, banging her fist on the window. "You can't just leave me here! They took my car!"

"Not my problem!" I sing over the purr of the engine. "I told you to leave me alone, didn't I?"

She growls in frustration, and widens her eyes and purses her lips, trying to look bigger. "But, I thought you liked me! We nearly snogged against my car!"

I groan, and turn away from her, covering my face with my hands. "No, we did not!"

"Well, why the fuck not?" she whines, weakly punching the side of the truck.

That's it, I think, as the policemen finally notice us and come towards the ruckus at an alarming speed. I press down the accelerator and hastily turn the corner, causing Alisha to fall to her arse on the concrete.

Just as I leave the car park, I wind down the window and call out, just loud enough so she can hear;

"Because I'm fucking gay!"

© 2016 Saving Angelo, (rebelsymphony). All rights reserved.