Six - Little Peach.

Chapter Six.

Sometimes you have to endure a great darkness to be able to appreciate the light.

And in this case, I've never felt more gratitude to my darkness than right now.

Last night after Blaze found me in the graveyard, I kind of blacked out, and I figure that she took me to –

Wait, where am I?

I find myself lying on an old, squidgy sofa, a thick blanket wrapped around me and my head propped up by a soft pillow.

The room I'm in has a dark blue wallpaper, pealing at the edges and the room is bare apart from the sofa I'm on and a wooden cabinet in the corner. The door is closed.

Am I in Blaze's house?

I leap up from the warmth of the couch and spring to the floor, forgetting about my many bruises and injuries for a second. I yelp in pain and double over, holding my stomach.

I look around and shuffle over awkwardly to the window on the front wall, peering behind the blinds. Outside I see a vaguely familiar street and the sun is just coming up over the horizon.

I can't have been asleep for long then.

Suddenly I hear the sound of a key turning in a door and a door knob rattling around, and I jump in panic, backing away from the door until I'm pressed up in the far corner.

I hear someone coming into the apartment, the sound of the front door closing, then – the deep sigh of a male voice.

"HEY RAVEN! YOU HERE?"

Oh my god. Who the hell is Raven? Where is Blaze? Who is that?

I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to-

The door across the room swings open and-

It's a boy.

A boy, probably a couple of years older than me, around 6 feet tall, with murky blonde hair, and I can just see the muscles underneath his t-shirt, stands in the doorway. His piercing, bright blue eyes are glaring right at me.

I gulp, looking around for a place to hide, somewhere to escape but...

Oh god I'm going to die.

He steps forward, arms crossed across his chest and looks me up and down with a guarded expression.

He wears worn, frayed jeans, and look unkempt just like Blaze's jeans. I wonder if he has a leather jacket too.

"Who the fuck are you?" he says, in a deep voice.

I wring my fingers together and plaster myself to the wall, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "I-I... I'm no one. No one at all,"

His eyebrows knit together and I notice a piercing on his right brow. I gulp again.

"Okay... No one... What the hell are you doing in my house?" he says sternly.

I open my mouth to answer, (probably with some more useless babbling) when I hear the sound of someone stomping down the stairs in a hurry and then Blaze appears in the room, wearing dark grey sweatpants and a long sleeved black t-shirt, which clings to her curves. Her long, usually unruly hair is tied in a bun at the top of her head. She stands in front of the boy, who's now facing her.

"Flynn!" she exclaims, "Don't be so mean," she reaches forward and uncrosses his arms, and immediately the boy named Flynn drops his angry expression and a small smile appears on his face.