Five - Miss Never-Lost-a-Fight.

Chapter Five – Raven's POV

That bloody idiot.

I ram my shoulder into the front door again, and again, but it's no use. I mean, it's not like I can't get into my own house because I'm weak or anything – I almost laugh out loud at the thought – I can't get in because of two reasons.

One; after several break-ins in the duration of one month, I decided to reinforce our door with double the thickness, therefore insuring our very drunk neighbours couldn't throw a party at 3 in the morning when we're out.

And two; Flynn Avery.

Ugh, that bloody idiot said he was gonna be home, that's why I didn't bother with bringing a key!

I groan and rest my head on the door, a curtain of unruly hair falling around my face. I grudgingly take my old, battered flip-phone out of my jacket pocket and call the only number in my speed-dial, putting it to my ear.

He picks up after 2 rings.

"RAVEN! My favourite girl!" a loud voice says from over the line. I can hear loud club music in the background and not to mention, he sound wasted. Completely and utterly wasted.

"Avery you bellend, where the fuck are you?" I growl at him. Trust him to get hammered on the one night I really need him. "You said you'd be at home when I got back from work,"

He scoffs. "I'd hardly call it work,"

"Flynn..." I say warningly.

"Okay, okay, I just- I-" he whimpers. "I just really needed to get out of town for the night, Rave. I'm sorry," he sounds genuine for a moment, which is rare when he's drunk because the only serious things he does when wasted is calling up our boss and threatening to cut off his penis and mail it back to him. Without a stamp on it.

I sigh and sit down on the front steps of the apartment dejectedly. "Did she call again?"

I hear him groan over the line in response to my question. He always gets like this when his mother calls. "I'm getting wasted, little peach. I'd rather not talk about her right now,"

I chuckle to myself. "Okay, Flynn," I suddenly remember why I was calling him in the first place.

"Anyway, I'm locked out of the house, dick! How the fuck am I gonna get in now?" I say in exasperation.

He laughs whole-heartedly over the phone. "Are you seriously asking me that?" He says, and I can hear the smile in his voice. "Raven Montenegro, alleged child-tormentor, Miss Never-Lost-A-Fight, can't even break into her own house?"

I roll my eyes. "You know that kid was exaggerating. I wasn't even trying! Besides, it was an accident!"

Flynn snorts. "Tell me, Rave. How exactly do you punch a 15 year old boy in the nose by accident?"

I gulp, remembering why I had punched him in the first place. It was around a year ago, and he made me so mad...

My fists were clenching and unclenching, a 'tell' that I was angry. Like, in this case, furious.

Sighing, I run a hand through my hair and stand up from the dirty steps.

"Look, don't worry about me, Flynn," I smile a little. "Just get home before dawn, okay? I need to clean up before school at eight-thirty,"

I hear him groan. "Don't tell me you're actually going to school in the morning. You'll have next to no sleep!" His voice raises, panicked. "Was it bad today? Did they get any hits in? Oh god, I should have been there for you. Are you-?"