New Pet

"Kaki look!! Look what I found!!" I hear Sofi yell before she runs into my room holding a little black and white puppy.

"Where did you get that? And why is it here?" I ask her watching as she sets the dog down and closes my door. She doesn't say anything, we just watch as the little animal walks around my room sniffing everything. Getting a good look at it, I see it's not really small but it's definitely a puppy and it kind of looks like a husky. The cute fluffy tail, eyebrows that make them look mean, one blue eye and one brown eye. It's solid black except the very tips of it's toes and tail are white along with a tiny strip of white fur right under it's chin.

It's absolutely adorable but i'm not exactly sure that it's a husky. It kind of looks like a wolf the more I keep looking at it and it's paws are huge so it's definitely gonna be big. I chuckle when it finds one of my socks under my bed and starts throwing it around while growling and barking at it.

"Sofi, where did you get it?" I ask her again.

"It, is a her and I found her on my way here from the bus stop. I'm so glad mommy didn't pick me up today." She says beaming at me.

"Where exactly was she though?" I ask wanting to know as much as I can.

"Well she was in someones yard playing in there little flower bed and when they saw her they made her leave and she came running to me so I brought her home." She says. At first I was thinking it was there dog but you don't kick your own dog out of your house. "Isn't she so cute Kaki?" She asks smiling at me.

"Yea she's adorable Sof but you know we can't keep her." I tell her sadly.

"Why not? We can keep a secret right Kaki?" She asks me. Of course but mom and dad will eventually find out and then we'll get in trouble. They really don't like animals at all, pretty much the main reason why we don't have one.

"This is a big secret Sofi and how long are we supposed to pretend were not hiding a dog? I mean what if she barks? Or growls? She's doing it right now and she's just playing with a sock, imagine what she'd be like if she saw someone or heard something she didn't like. We'd be so screwed. And what do we feed her? We don't have dog food and it'd be weird if we just randomly asked mama to buy some. Oh my god where does she sleep? We don't have a dog bed or anything like that. And-"

"Camila calm down please." Sofi says putting her hands on my shoulders. I'm glad she stopped me. At that point I was kind of just asking myself all of those questions out loud.

"We can't keep her Sofi." I tell her seriously.

"But we can figure it out. We can find a way to keep her." She says hopefully.

"How? There gonna find out eventually and we'll be in so much trouble." I say already starting to worry about the outcome.

"Look at her." She says pointing to the puppy. I look at it and see she's just sitting there looking back and forth between me and Sofi with her tongue hanging out. She looks so cute. "Please Kaki, can we try to keep her?" Sofi begs.

"Tonight we can but that's it. I don't wanna get in trouble over this Sofi. I'm sorry but tomorrow we should take her to a shelter or see if anyone around here is interested in buying her from us. Maybe we could split the money if you want." I say trying to make the situation a little better.