0_32

Two Years Later...

Bridges.

After a winning game against the 49ners, it was time for this conference. After every game, everybody wants to know how you feel or what you will do next time. I didn't feel like explaining all that, so I just left it as is. We won and that's how the game goes. Skipping the conference, I decide to go on home. It's not mandatory that I go, it's my choice really. I exit out the back and Banks opens the door for me. I enter in sighs, sitting back in the chair. We've had a couple good games since we started this season. Last year we didn't do so well and this year, we're having a good start so far.

It's as if my head is not in the game any more though. Like I don't have that motivation. It's good I can retire and leave when I'm good and ready. After a short ways ride, I finally make it to the condo. I grab my bag and make my way to the gate. I put my pin in and the gate unlocks. I stroll in and and walk up the two steps to my door. The gate closes and locks behind me. I take out my key and put it in the key hole. Entering the empty space, I throw my keys on the counter and close the door behind me.

My phone rings and I retrieve it out my pocket. It's the homie King so I answer, and put the phone to my ear. I know this nigga is worrying about where I'm at because he's the bro. He does that a lot. It's like every game he wants chill and hang out, or when we don't have shit to do he wants to chill as well. Since the move to Miami, we haven't really made any friends yet because we've been so busy. All these sporting events, signing papers and all that. Doing tours and interviews, something different you know.

"What up nigga?" I answer.

"Yo, where you at?" He questions.

"I'm home why wassup?" I question, making my way to the bedroom.

"We at KOD?" He asks. I laugh and shake my head.

"Why KOD nigga. You trynna get with that stripper Tasty aren't you?" I question while opening a bottle of water.

"Nigga you already know. I'm trynna taste that rainbow." I burst into laughter, almost choking on my water. This nigga funny as hell.

"She curved you so many times man. Just give up." I tell him.

"You right. You right. So what we gone do nigga? I'm not going to no lame ass bar." He scoffs.

"My nigga I'm 29 years old. I'm too damn old to be throwing my hard earned money at a stripper. You want to go to a club or just have drinks on our grown man tip I'm good. I'm not going to now strip club though. That's not my scene." I inform.

"Well Duke and I will have a good time." He informs.

"I guess nigga." I shrug.

"Aight. Well I'll see you tomorrow at the meeting." He assures.

"Ok cool." I hang up the phone and make my way to the bathroom. I turn on the shower water and undress. I hop in and let the hot water rain over me. After a good rinse of the dirt and sweat, I grab my rag and soaped it up. Once it was in a thick lather, I washed up good and rinsed off. Turning the water off, I wrap a towel around my waist and step out. Making my way to my room, I travel to the closet and look through my clothes. I find what I'm looking for and throw them on the bed.

I hear the front door open and peek my head out to see Deanda sitting at the foot the of the bed. Yes we're still together, but now we aren't married anymore. We tried to work it out, but it seems we are more in love without titles. We got a divorce and separated for a while, but it was clear we couldn't live without one another. It was a lot of back and forth between us both. We're basically starting over and respecting one another's wishes. People really don't get it, but we do. That's all that really matters. People will have opinions but at the end of the day, it's what we think. Simple as that.