0_28

A Week Later...

Bridges.

Deanda laughs as I kiss her sweet spot on her neck in pecks, wrapping my arms around and under her. Today is our chill day so we don't have shit to do but lay up, unless one of us wants to go out or something. It's been a long week of work for both of us and I'll do anything to keep De from stressing out. She gets real up tight and balled up, and she doesn't need all that. She breaks out in hives and all that.

I know she said that things with the investor didn't go so well. Apparently shawty had eyes for me, but I paid her no mind. I pay a lot of people no mind. If it ain't about money, family or my wife I really don't give a damn. I've been struggling a little my self so I really needed a break.

All this traveling, making events, attending them, constant photoshoots, hosting events, interviews and I have to throw this party for a fund raising event. Alicia is suppose to come by later with a planner and discuss some things. We have to find some venues and we're all good after that. I pick my head up, smiling as De does the same. She runs her finger tips through my small fro, tilting her head as she hoods her light brown eyes while laughing.

"You need a hair cut." She says while massaging my scalp.

"You need to grab a razor and take a little of that peach fuzz off your top lip." I tease. Deanda bursts into laughter, playfully hitting me.

"I do not have hair on my top lip." She proclaims, laughing even harder.

"I'm just playing." I chuckle while giving her a couple pecks. De deepens the kiss, rolling us over. I pull the sheet up to cover her back. Her phone rings and we both groan as she reaches over to the nightstand. Sitting up, she answers the phone and her whole attitude changes. So much for a lay up and chill day.

"Ok, I'll be there. What hospital?" She says, climbing off the top of me. I sit up in deeps sighs, swinging my feet to the side of the bed. I adjust the waistline of my joggers and travel on to the dresser. I grab a black t-shirt and throw it on, grabbing some socks.

After putting them on, I slide my feet in some sneakers. Deanda steps out the bathroom dressed and slips her feet into some slides. After grabbing the keys to the car, I follow Deanda out the door. She unlocks the truck and I sit in the passenger seat, reclining my seat back in comfort. Deanda pushes the start button and the car cranks up. Deanda pulls out while sighing heavily, she pushes her hair back while the gates to the house open.

"What's the matter baby?" I ask.

"My dad had another mini heart attack and they found a lump in his throat." She sighs.

"It's not cancer is it?" She shrugs.

"They don't know yet, they're still running test." She informs.

"Damn, that's crazy. They're just coming up with this?" I ask.

"Yea. My dad says he's been drinking for a while Darius. Said it's finally catching up with him." I shake my head and look out the window. All I could think about was De possibly having that problem when she gets older.

"I'm concerned baby." I confess, turning my attention toward her. I could see her grip the steering wheel, and pull her hair over her shoulder.

"About me, I can understand. I've been drinking for a long time, but I haven't picked up a bottle in two months." She confirms.

"I know and you poured out all my liquor." I mumble. De bursts into laughter.

"Well I thought if I helped myself, you would try and help me. For support." She shrugs.