0_25

A Month Later...

Reed.

I thank the waiter, sitting down at the table as I order a hot tea. It's been a long month. Working on my shelter, and making sure everything is going smoothly. I finally found an investor that I'm comfortable working with. She's a woman and is very hard driven when it comes to business. Sort of like myself. I'm here now at this restaurant, waiting for the publisher of my book to meet me.

My mother should of been here and I don't know where she's at. The last time I talked to her, she said she wasn't too far away. Yet she's still hasn't made it. I hope she gets here before MaryAnn the publisher does. The waiter sits my tea down and I thank him, dropping a hall in it. I then sweeten it, seeing my mother coming in. She sits down beside me in sighs, taking off her glasses. She gives me her full attention, sighing heavily as she sits back.

"Hey." She greets.

"How are you?" I question, putting a little creamer in my tea.

"Tired." She sighs.

"Same." I inform, shaking my head. It's a small silence between us, my mom orders a drink of wine. That's when MaryAnn shows up. She has a seat, and smiles while looking at us both. We smile back as she orders something for herself.

"Hi. How are you guys doing?"  She questions.

"Hanging in there." My mother and I say.

"I know its been weeks of promotion and planning. It's a lot that has to be done when talking about books, but it's your art. It's what you do. Now, I understand you already have a journal that you want to publish. You want dialogue and fictional characters, also thoughts in your view. Shay you're still writing your book correct?" MaryAnn questions.

"Yea. I've been writing the book for a year, but I'm almost finished." She assures.

"Ok that's good. I'm happy you're close to finishing the book." Mary Ann informs.

"When the books are done, what are the stores that'll have them
in stock?" I ask.

"Barns & Nobel of course. The book is going under New York Times stamp, so they'll keep track of the sales. Your publicist will keep track of the publicity of the book the publicity receives. Then we have the book tour when you travel around the states to talk about the inspirations. The reasons of writing and how hard the life was for you. You want to reach out to your audience, and keep them there." I nod as my mother does the same.

"Do you have your book Deanda?" I nod and hand in my journal.

"I'm going to email my dialogue in to the editors." I inform.

"Ok, that's good. It'll speed up the process for publishing." MaryAnn says.

"Now when do you plan on releasing the books?" I ask.

"Well it is now June, so I'm pulling for next month. That will give Shay time to finish up and talk to the team. We'll have a photoshoot for the covers, hold auditions for the models. If you don't want a plain cover." I shake my head.

"We want plain covers." My mother and I say in unison.

"Ok well what are you on the lines of working with?" She asks.

"I want mine to be called the The Black Book of Truths. The book in all black and the first four words in white bold letters. For Truths, I want that in red like blood, kind of like dripping down like paint." I explain. MaryAnn nods and writes it down.

"Hard back or soft back?"

"Hard back." I confirm.

"Ok. Sounds good. How about you Shay?" She questions.