0_29

Two Days Later...

Reed.

After my interview with an online show, I enter backstage and head straight to the bathroom. I puke in the toilet, flushing it once done. After getting myself together, I brush my teeth and leave out. It's been a rough couple weeks but I'm pulling myself together. I sit in my make up chair, kicking off my heels and Lara begins to put my hair in a neat bun. It's starting to get hot with my hair down and all these extensions. I need to take them out, maybe I'll let Darius take it out for me later. I bring my leg up in my lap, and massage my foot in sighs. My feet hurt so bad, I need a massage.

I retrieve my phone out my dress pocket, viewing the text message from Darius. I laugh lowly to myself and shake my head as I reply. He's always on his shit I swear. I look up from my phone seeing Alicia walk in. She leans on the dresser as she talks on the phone to whomever. It sounds like a business call and I know it has to deal with either Darius and I. When it's her other clients, she excuses herself and leaves the room. She hangs up the phone while smiling and crossing her arms. I view her in confusion as she laughs and pulls her hair over her shoulder.

"What?" I chuckle.

"That was Angela Yee from The Breakfast Club. She asked if you and Darius could come in for an interview on her late night radio show." Alicia smirks.

"Oo. I'm definitely tuning in." Lara laughs, straightening my hair.

"Wait, when is this interview?" I ask.

"Friday Night. That's if you feel up to it. Darius told me you're under the weather." Alicia shrugs, making her way to the couch. Lara raises her brows at me through the mirror.

"I'll be fine." I mumble while unlocking my phone.

"Good, because this will give you and your husband great publicity. Also a little inside look on you guys love life." I roll my eyes as Alicia and Lara laugh in response. I swear people always wanna talk freaky.

"Of course you would want to talk that." I inform, picking with my nails.

"Girl! You try to be quiet about everything. Face it De, you're not that young woman that just started out and was seen here and there. You are now an a-list celebrity and every move of yours is now being watched. Darius has already gotten the picture, when will you?" Alicia questions, tilting her head.

"I have the picture. I just believe that some things shouldn't be told to the whole world. That's just me and if so that's ok." I shrug.

"She does have a point." Lara cosigns. Alicia flags us both off sitting back.

"Maybe so, but you have to roll with the ball and keep it rolling." Alicia says. Lara and I both look at her dumbfounded.

"What?" She questions.

"Your logic is so below your college gpa." I burst into laughter as Lara finally puts my hair into a big neat bun. She curls my ends on both sides of my head, spraying it with some sheen. 

"Whatever. I don't have to use degree 100% of my career." She shrugs. 

"Um yes you do." Lara informs.

"I need to in the work world but not now. Shut up Lara." Alicia tells her.

"Ok I get you're my older sister and all, but you're not going to talk to me any kind of way. I already told you." Lara informs, putting her things up.

"Whatever, just get Deanda situated so we can meet Darius at this charity event. Thank you." Alicia orders. She stands to her feet while grabbing her bag and leaving the dressing room. I shake my head and grab some peanut M&M's while standing to my feet. I grab the plain ones for Darius because he says the peanuts hurt his teeth. You know when I have my dressing room I have to have my snacks.