0_26

A Week Later...

Bridges.

"Deanda!" These twin women scream, running toward her. She squeals with open arms and hug them both, rocking side to side. Today marks the reunion of the ranch so we flew out last night to be here. Deanda was most excited, she could barely sleep last night. She had me up talking my ears off, I had to sleep on the the couch in the living room just to relax.

This is good for her though. To finally just grow into the woman she should of grown into from the beginning. Deanda grabs my hand, showing me around the large estate. There's a pool in the back, a game room and this big ass kitchen. Other than the eight rooms, this house would definitely be top shit to live in. Deanda I don't need that much room, but I don't mind it neither.

After a quick tour of the house, we travel to the living room where the other families are. Deanda takes a seat on the couch and sits pretzel style. I sit beside her as she lays her head on my shoulder, grabbing my hand. She intertwines our fingers putting her hand over mine. I return the gesture.

She laughs lowly and says,"What are you doing?" I kiss her temple as a woman enters. She smiles and sits at the head of the room, looking around us all.

"Well look at here, all my young and empowering women coming together." She laughs.

"Hi Dr. Ross." All the women say in unison.

"Hello my growing queens. How are we feeling this morning?" She questions. The women all answer differently, laughing after ward.

"That's good, real good. You all know why you're here, to catch up on the process of healing. I told you to bring your family to confirm the healing. I don't want any one telling me they healed and they haven't. That's why you are here families, to back up the claim. While the women were here, they've done multiple activities to get rid of the barricade that they've held on to. When they first got here, they had labeled themselves. Those labels are what society labeled for them. Angry, weak, bitter and afraid. These seven women have reached farther than that, breaking obstacles. One of those being the wall they had to climb. That wall represented the person or persons that held them back. Telling them the can't do this or that, but they did it. They overcame it, hopefully they took that journey and prospered it with you guys. Now who wants to start their update?" It's a deep silence as everyone looked around. That's when Deanda stood up and let my hand go.

"Deanda Reed. Its always nice to see you." Dr. Ross says.

"It's nice to see you too." Deanda replies.

"Now tell me, what's going on. What is your new emotion?" De smiles and looks back at me, turning her attention back to the crowd.

"Does it have to be one emotion, because I'm feeling a lot right now." She informs. We all laugh as she does the same, Dr. Ross telling her the floor is hers. De takes a deep breath and looks around, I grab her hand to calm her down because I could see she was shaking but she can get through this. I know she can.

"Well for all of you that don't know me, my name is Deanda and I'm from Chicago, Illinois. I'm 25 years old and I'm married to this amazing man right here. Darius Bridges. When I first arrived here, I was broke from an abusive relationship. I took my anger out on everyone else, bitter and not willing to hear people out. I felt as though people wouldn't understand where I came from or understood me. I thought that everyone was basically out to get me, hurt me or neglect me." She explains quickly wiping her tears, apologizing while laughing afterward.

"How do you feel now since the ranch?" Dr. Ross questions.

"I'm not tense like I was. My shoulders always were up to my ears and my fist held tight, but I'm now relaxed. I'm happy, comfortable, more understanding, appreciative and most importantly more open. I was stuck in this dream for so long, this dream that I don't need any one and that I could make myself happy. Truth is we all need someone, to get through that hard times we came across. My eyes opened up when I seen my mother break down in front of me a week ago. I saw myself in that same light, more like darkness. If I didn't come here to get some things off my chest, that could of been me in eighteen years. A forty-three year old woman mad at the world when it's no ones fault but my own. I wouldn't let go." De sighs.