0_21

Reed.

My father isn't home yet, but he's on his way so I thought to be here when his nurse drops him off. Darius told me about the mild heart attack, so I decided to come and drop by today. I don't know if my father wants to see me, but I'm here to check on his health. My mother didn't want to come with me, and I can't force her. I just really wanted her to face my father so they can stop this feud. It's killing me.

I know I wanted them to split, but they are my parents. I grew up in a house with both of them together, and now it's just him and her. We had our bad times yea, but we had our good time too. I also want my father to get over his hate toward Darius. It's really stupid to me that he doesn't like him, because D "took" my mother and myself from him. That was his own fault, he drove both myself and my mother away.

I hear a knock at the door, furrowing my eye brows. My father has a key to his own house so who could that be. I throw the covers back, and remove myself from the recliner. Traveling to the door, I pull the drapes back and my heart pounds.

I walk over to the door, taking a deep breath as I open it. Tommy, Sean's older brother, standing right in front of me. I haven't seen him since he cursed me out and blamed me for his brother's death. What he's doing standing here in front of me, I don't know but I guess I'll find out. He sighs heavily and fidgets with his hands as I lean on the door and fold my arms. Not in the sense of attitude, but for comfort.

This is so uncomfortable right now and I don't know how to feel. A part of me wants to curse his ass out like he did to me ten years ago, while the other part of me wants to hear him out. I could feel the tension, yet it was ease from the beginning.

Tommy clears his throat and I don't know why but I move to the side. He walks in and has a seat as I close the door. I offer him something to drink and he refuses so I just take a seat across from him. It's a deep silence as the hands on the grandfather clock tick non stop. Tommy's attention starts from the floor as he slowly draws it toward me.

"How are you?" He questions.

"I'm fine." I tell him. He nods and digs in his pocket, sliding an envelope towards me. I see my name written on it in Sean's handwriting. I stare at it, swallowing hard.

"I found this in his pocket that night he shot himself. I tried to give it to you plenty of times, but you were never here." He says.

"You kept this letter for ten years?" I question a little confused. He laughs and shakes his head.

"It's not like I meant to keep it Deanda. If you don't want it, I can throw it-" I cut him off while shaking my head.

"Don't bother. It's fine, what I want to know is why have you been trying so hard to give me this?" I question.

"Because he told me to give it to you in the letter he wrote me." He says. I open my mouth to speak, but the door opens. Angeline rolls in my father  toward his room. I stand to my feet and excuse myself as I follow them both. I swore I told this hag to stay away from my father, but I guess she'll have to learn the hard way.

"Daddy where's Heather?" I question.

"She's outside in the van." Angela replies.

"Dad." I call. He huffs in frustration while climbing in the bed, laying down on his side.

"She's outside." He answers. I roll my eyes at Angeline as she scoffs a chuckle. I swear this bitch is trying me but I'm trying to respect her because she is my sister's mother. I wouldn't want another person, disrespecting my mother in ways either. I would really have to hurt someone.