4

The room I was given was nice, but I still felt like I was in a cage. I didn't like it at all. Even though I was free to move around as I wanted. Even though I could leave if I wanted. The thing that made me angry beyond belief was the young man standing at the door behind me. Dressed in all black with a hand gun and a couple of knives strapped to his body, it was like I was being guarded. That was exactly what was happening too. Tristan had said the guy was there to help me out, that I was a part of the guy's team. Yet, the little bastard was following me around like a guard dog.

"Aren't you cold?" he asked me. He had a nice voice, he was good looking too, but that was all there was going for him.

"No," I growled in response.

"No shirt?" he asked, a little bit of a shake to his voice. He was probably nervous. Good.

"Pain in the ass to wear one."

"Why?"

I ground my teeth, "God you're fucking annoying, see the feathers dumbass? They're not tattooed on, their wings. Which means that they'll tear through a shirt when I use them."

"Oh. Yes, I suppose that would be a pain in the ass then," he said with a laugh.

How in the hell did he find that funny? Irritating wretch... I glared at him from over my shoulder. He just stood against the door, one hand on his waist while the other rested at his side. The guy watched me with interest, giving me a smile as I looked at him. Fucking perfect... A joyful happy go-lucky asshole to follow me around. It's not going to be my fault if something happens to him between now and later today, I groaned to myself as I reached up and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Do you really have to stand there?"

"Tristan asked me to help you if you need. Jace kind of ordered me to watch you. Sorry."

I shook my head, "The hell are you sorry about?" I muttered to myself so he couldn't hear. God these people were so damned strange, "Look, kid. I don't need help and I don't need you to watch me."

"I don't mind."

I twisted around and glared at him, "I don't care if you don't mind. I mind! Get out."

He tilted his head at me, that annoying smile still on his lips. Son of bitch... I really wanted to wipe that fucking look off his face right then. It took everything I had not to strangle the bastard. I was just about to snap, to walk over to him and throw him out by his throat when he spoke again, that sweet voice of his grinding on my nerves.

"What kind of weapons do you like?"

I was startled by the question, "What?"

He gave a soft laugh, "Weapons. You don't have any. You're going to need some when we leave later. What do you like to use? What are you good at using?"

Arching an eyebrow at him, I mulled over the question for a brief moment before I crossed my arms, "My hands."

A dark color of red streaked across his cheeks and nose. Where the hell did his mind take that one... I wondered with a frown on my lips. He coughed, looking away, "Uh... O-okay. So then, knives. Throwing knives. And maybe..." he paused for a moment. He looked lost in thought so I was about to dismiss him entirely. Movement caught my attention and before I knew it, he was right next to me. His hands took mine and I growled a bit in irritation.

Looking up at me, he flashed me another smile that just grated on my nerves, "Claws."

"What?" I snapped and wrenched my hand from his.