2

"He'll be alright?"

"Yes, fortunately the bullets didn't go too deep, I think it was just exhaustion that knocked him out," a feminine voice answered the question.

"Wonder what happened to him," that voice was a little higher, sweeter sounding than the first male voice.

"More like who the hell was he running from, who shot him, and should we be worried about it?" that one was pissed off sounding, a little deeper than the second male.

"I want to look him over a little more and when he wakes up we'll get some answers. From the blood test I ran there are definitely traces of Holy Grail in his system."

"Does that explain the feathers on his back?"

"Well, it certainly could. Valkyrie had something happen to his body too," the female voice continued.

"He didn't sprout wings, Kilia."

I moved, alerted by the voices. The words I heard were not enjoyable. I wasn't someone's lab rat, damn it! What I saw was not what I was expecting. The woman who had been speaking jumped a little as I suddenly sat upright. Along with her there were four men in the room. Tossing off the sheets, I was out of the bed before any of them could protest at my sudden movements. Glancing down, I felt the tightness of bandages around my body and glowered at the white cloth a moment before I turned my gaze up to the people surrounding me.

"Hey, hey, don't move so quickly! You'll reopen the wounds that Kilia just bandaged up!" one of the men said to me. He even had the gall to move closer to me. He was shorter than I was with black hair and mismatched eyes that I had never seen before. In return, I made an annoyed sound at the back of my throat and snatched his arm as he reached out for me. Twisting hard, I yanked him around and pulled his arm up behind his back. The boy yelped in surprise and pain.

Gripping a handful of his hair, I pulled his head back as I lifted him just enough to be in front of me as a shield. It probably hurt his shoulder the way I was holding him, but I could care less right then, "Who the hell are you people?" I snarled in his ear.

One of the men, the dirty blonde one, had drawn out his weapon and held it leveled at me. His green eyes were narrowed to mere slits, an angry frown on his face as he watched me carefully. I pulled at the boys arm, making him yelp in pain.

"Let him go," the dirty blonde snarled at me.

"Look, we found you in the street. You were unconscious and bleeding. We couldn't just leave you there," another one answered. He was taller than the one I held in my grip and the other that pointed a gun at me. He looked foreign but his accent was nonexistent. I narrowed my gaze at him, grinding my teeth as I leaned down towards the boy's ear.

"Who. Are. You?" I accentuated every word whilst twisting his arm.

He groaned in pain as he answered me, "We're not going to hurt you."

I could have laughed at that. There were a lot of people who said that and yet they did so anyway. That was a fact I'd learned a long time ago. So naturally, I didn't believe him. The blonde took a step forward and I pulled back, dragging the boy with me. I sent him a warning glare, "Move again and I'll break every bone in his body. What do you want?"

"Valkyrie..." the taller one sounded distressed, his gaze locking on the boy that I held. I wasn't sure what it was I saw in his eyes but it made me pause for a moment. Only a moment, though.

"I'm okay... It's okay..." Valkyrie insisted.

He won't be for long, I thought as I moved from my spot. Keeping Valkyrie ahead of me, I started for the door of the huge medical room. I didn't like the fact the woman was in a white lab coat. It set me off immediately and I wanted to be as far away from her as possible. The other three turned with me, the one with the gun taking a few steps forward to try to keep me in his sight.