Chapter 20: Together

"Twins?" Emma asks, with wide eyes and Regina slowly nods.

"Well, you can't blame anyone but yourself." She continues with a short laugh. Regina scoffs, rolling her eyes at her friend.

"Actually I can." Regina says, glaring at Robin.

"Hey, you're the one who wanted more babies." Robin replies, putting his hands up in defence.

"I said a baby, not babies." Regina argues, walking towards him.

"It's not that big of a deal, one baby, two babies, what's the difference?" Killian chimes in. Regina sighs and flops down on the couch beside Robin.

"It's such a big deal!" Emma shouts, nearly scaring the couple sitting beside her.

"But I'm not saying it's a bad thing." The blonde adds reassuringly.

"Although mate, you aren't going to be able to handle two little girls running around. You'll lose your bloody mind." Killian suddenly says to Robin, seems he'd changed his view on this particular subject. It wasn't just stressful for Regina, Robin now felt like a stack of bricks had landed on him with the amount of stress he was feeling at the moment.

"And not to mention now it's double the money you have to make, double the clothes you have to buy, twice the amount of food-" Killian continues to rant on, not even realizing how much it was worrying Regina and Robin.

"Shut up!" Emma interrupts him and he stops, looking down guilty.

"Sorry mates." Killian apologizes, and Regina fakes a smile.

"It's alright, we should get going though." Regina says, grabbing Robin's hand. They stand from the couch and begin walking towards the door.

"Roland!" Regina calls from the bottom of the stair well.

"Yeah!" He calls back.

"It's time to go, sweetie." She says and hears his feet hit the floor as he begins running down stairs.

"Thanks for watching him guys." Regina tells Emma and Killian with a grateful smile.

"Not a problem. We always love having the little lad here." Killian replies, giving Roland a soft pat on the back.

"He seems to enjoy it as well." Robin says, picking up his son. Roland rests his head on his fathers shoulder, a quiet yawn passing through his lips.

"Although it seems to tire him out." Robin continues, causing everyone to laugh.

"See you later." Regina says as her and Robin make their way out of Emma and Killian's little house.

"See ya. Keep in touch!" Emma calls and Regina nods as they shut the door behind them.

"You tired, baby?" Regina asks Roland who seemed to be falling asleep in Robin's arms as they made their way to the car. She sees her son nod against Robin's chest. As soon as he's buckled in his car seat, his eyes close and he begins falling asleep. It was getting pretty late. Regina and Robin had decided to stay at Emma's a little longer to talk, not even realizing that it was almost nine pm until it showed up on the stereo in the car.

"Mommy?" Roland's sleepy voice says coming from the backseat. They thought he was long asleep.

"Yes, baby?" Regina replies, turning around in her seat to look at him.

"Did you find out if I have a brother?" He asks with a small smile.

"Yes, I did." She tells him, smiling back at him. She grabs his tiny hand in hers.