Chapter 17: A Loss

"Yes, it's me. I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner." Robin apologizes. His father smiles slightly at him. "Oh it's ok, my boy. I understand, you had a son to look after." He says. Robin nods, "He's here if you like to see him." As if on cue Roland finally escapes Regina's arms and runs over to his grandpa, throwing his arms around him and elder man groans in pain. "Grandpa!" Roland says excitedly. "Roland! What did I say, you have to be careful." Robin disciplines his son in a stern voice. Roland let's go of his grandfather with a sad look. "Sorry." He says lowly, clearly upset. His father gives him a pat on the back, letting him know it's ok. Robin sees Regina acting a little hesitant to come further in the room and motions for her to come in. "Dad, I brought someone else with me as well." Robin says with a smile as Regina walks over.

"Hi Harry." Regina says shyly, smiling at Robin's father. "Regina." He replies, smiling back at her. Unlike Abigail, Robin's father has always been quite fond of Regina. "How are you feeling?" She asks taking a seat beside Robin. "I'll be honest, I'm not too great." Harry responds, letting out a weak cough. They hear a knocking at the door and everyone's head turns, looking in the direction of the noise. "Mr.Locksley, I'm sorry we can't permit this many people in your room at one time." A nurse says from the doorway. "Oh alright." Harry sighs. "May I have a word alone with Robin?" He asks looking at his family before him. Abigail nods and takes Roland out of the room, while Regina gives Robin a quick kiss on the cheek and a smile then exits.

"My boy, as your mother probably told you I am not going to live for much longer." Harry says until he is interrupted by his son. "Yes you are dad, you are going to be ok. Have faith." Robin replies as tears fill his blue eyes. His father shakes his head, "I'm sick son." He says and Robin finally knows. His dad is giving up, his illness has gotten the best of him. Robin slowly nods, still trying to process this. He thought he could come here and his father would get better but that clearly wasn't the case. He is dying, and there isn't anything Robin can do about that. "I see you are back with Regina." Harry smiles weakly. Robin feels a smile tug at his lips at the very mention of her name. "Yes, and we are expecting a baby in five months." He responds proudly. "That's great, Robin. I know how much you love her and I also know she loves you just as much." Harry says, honestly. "I'm not always sure." Robin sighs. "She loves you Robin, I can see it in her eyes." His father smiles.

"I'm glad." Robin says chuckling a little. "You know your mother has never really liked that girl, but I have." Harry responds. "Yes I know, but there's just something about her that's special. It's like we were meant to be together. Now that I know what it feels like to be without her, I never want to feel like that again." Robin explains and his father nods. Robin can see him struggle to keep his eyes open, he looks uncomfortable all of a sudden. Not that being hooked up to machines, and lying in a hospital bed for hours was already comfortable. "You see Robin, what you have with Regina is true love. No matter what anyone says or tells you never let that go." Harry smiles slightly at his son then his eyes flutter closed. Robin hears a loud and long beeping come from the heart monitor beside him.

"No! Dad?!" Robin yells shaking his fathers arm. A few nurses run into the room, trying to revive him once again but it was just his time. Although Robin was not prepared for this. He runs out of the room searching the hallways for the only person who could ease his pain right now. "Regina!" Robin calls as he runs toward her. He wraps his arms around her in a tight hug and she immediately knows what happened. "He-he..." Robin begins to say but Regina stops him, she could tell he is too upset to even speak about his father dying right now. "I know, Robin I'm so sorry." Regina attempts to sooth him, rubbing her hands up and down his back. Just knowing how much this hurt Robin made tears form in Regina's eyes as well. She's known Harry for a long time now and knows she amazing person he was. Robin isn't usually one to cry about many things, he tries to stay strong, not show weakness. Although this broke him, it's his father. The man he always looked up to as a kid. Even as an adult Robin admired his father, the way he lived his life to the advice he gave him. Robin knew one day he'd pass away but wasn't expecting that day to be today, just minutes ago.

"Can we go home?" Robin asks quietly against her shoulder. Regina pulls away and takes his hand in hers. "Of course, I'll just get Roland from your Mother and we can go back to her house-" Regina says assuming that was what Robin meant by home but he cuts her off rather abruptly because she was wrong. "No, I want to go home, to our home. I can't go back to my parents house, everything will just remind me of him." Robin explains, looking down in sadness. "Ok, whatever you want." Regina says supportively then walks him over to where Abigail was sitting with Roland. A nurse had obviously told her the news as well because she is sobbing quietly to herself, trying her best not to upset her grandson beside her.

"Roland it's time to go, sweetie." Regina says to her son who gives her a confused look. "Why is everyone so sad?" Roland asks with a pouty face looking up at Regina. "Something just happened, I'll tell you later. Your dad wants to go home now." She explains, taking Roland in her arms. She rest him on her hip then hugs Abigail with her free arm. "I'm sorry for your loss." Regina whispers so Roland wouldn't hear. Abigail sniffles muttering a soft thank you to Regina. Robin also hugs his mother for a while, the two crying over the loss of their loved one. He explains that they are going home and at first she doesn't like the idea because she didn't want to be left alone. Although Abigail soon understands this is hard for her son as well and wishes him a safe trip home.

On their way to the airport Regina calls to rebook their flight for tonight. After getting the luggage from Robin's parents house they were only able to get on a flight at midnight. Regina and Robin wait for their flight until it is called. Regina told Roland about his grandfather as gently as she can, but it didn't go without some tears. Roland has fallen asleep in Regina's arms so Robin takes both their carry ons with him on the plane as Regina takes Roland. They get settled for take off, Roland begins waking up but Regina is quick to lull him back to sleep. Regina falls asleep as well because of Robin running his fingers through her thick hair, that always put her to sleep. Although Robin couldn't bring himself to sleep, he has stopped crying and now is in just a state of pure sadness. He's never lost anyone he was so close to. His great uncle, he'd never met and his his great grandma had died years ago but nothing seemed to hurt him as much as this did. He lost his father forever and Robin didn't think he'd ever be able to really get over that.

IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG... Hope you like it though! Next chapter won't be as sad, maybe Robin and Regina will even talk about baby names!
Comment some ideas for names I'd love to hear them, I kinda want it to start with an R though...❤️
-R