Chapter 12: Bad Mood

Regina wakes up the next morning, before Robin and goes to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She begins lifting her shirt off but stops when something catches her eye. She runs out of the bathroom and jumps on the bed, shaking Robin's arm and yelling his name until he wakes up. "What's going on? Are you ok?" Robin asks in a low voice, as he opens his eyes. "Yes, yes I'm fine but look!" Regina says, lifting the hem of her shirt to reveal her stomach. Robin rubs his eyes to focus his vision a bit more. "What?" He asks, still not quite getting what she was so excited about. "Come here, you can see it better in the light." She responds, dragging him by the arm towards the bathroom. She stands in front of the round mirror, her shirt still lifted. "You see?" Regina asks, rubbing her stomach. Robin wraps his arms around her torso and kisses her shoulder.

"Our baby is growing fast." He whispers and she smiles, looking down at her slightly rounded belly. "Yes she is." Regina smiles. "She?" Robin questions. Regina shrugs her shoulders, "Just a feeling." She responds. "Well we will find out for sure in a couple of weeks." Robin says planting a kiss to her cheek. She smiles brightly, rubbing her hands softly along his arms which her holding her tightly. Robin pulls away and asks, "Would you like me to make you some breakfast?" The very thought made her stomach turn, she shakes her head, no;  motioning him to get out of the bathroom, she was going to be sick. "Are you ok?" Robin asks, placing a hand to the small of her back. She shakes her head  again, rushing over to the toilet and getting on her knees. Robin realizes she's going to be sick and lifts the toilet seat for her, kneeling beside her and pulling her hair away from her face.

After she's thrown up a few times, she sighs sitting down and leaning back against Robin. "I'm sorry." Regina says. "Why are you sorry?" Robin asks, brushing a loose piece of hair from her face. "Because, that was disgusting." She responds, starting to get up. Robin holds her closer whispering, "Shh... It's ok just sit here and relax, I'll bring you some water." She smiles slightly and nods. He presses his lips to her forehead gently, then her hairline, "I'll be right back." Robin smiles and leaves to get her a glass of water. Regina gets up slowly so she can brush her teeth and freshen up a bit before Robin comes back. She figured the morning sickness was over with so she exits the bathroom and sits down on their bed.

Robin soon returns with her water, handing it to her, then she takes a sip. "Thank you." She says with a smile. "You're welcome, my love. I'm sorry I mentioned it." Robin responds, guiltily. "You don't have to be sorry for wanting to make me breakfast Robin." Regina says caressing his cheek softly. "No, I'll just have to be more careful with the mention of food." Robin laughs. "Ok babe." She smiles in return. "How about I go wake Roland up? He can come in here and watch some shows with you." He suggests. "That sounds great but be careful. Roland is not a morning person." Regina laughs. "Oh. I know." Robin responds, giving her a serious look.

"Why don't you just let him sleep? We can cuddle for a bit, just the two of us." Regina says, opening her arms up to him. "Ok but I was actually going to go downstairs and make myself something to eat. If you are feeling better you can join me." Robin explains and Regina sighs. "It's because of the vomiting right?" She asks. "What?" He responds, clearly confused. "The reason you don't wanna cuddle with me. I disgust you." Regina says her eyes welling up with tears. Oh no. Not this again, Robin thinks. "No, no, sweetie that's just a normal part of being pregnant. I understand, if you want to cuddle we can." Robin says, even though his stomach was growling in hunger. "No, just go downstairs and eat your stupid breakfast, I don't wanna see you for the rest of the day." Regina says through gritted teeth. Woah, anger, that's new. He sighs, and leaves the room; knowing that him being here will only make things worse.

A few minutes later, Robin hears footsteps. He turns around hoping its Regina coming to apologize, but he sees a very sleepy looking Roland approaching him instead. "Hey buddy. Want some pancakes?" Robin asks dropping his spatula to give his son a hug. "Sure, are they chocolate chip?" Roland asks. "Sorry buddy they are just plain." His father responds before turning back to the pancakes. Roland sighs and walks towards the couch in the living room to watch cartoons before breakfast. He did almost every morning. While Robin is down stairs, Regina showers and gets dressed. She blow dries then straightens her hair so it falls just below her shoulders. She decides not to do her make up just yet, and see what Robin's cooking downstairs.

Soon enough there's another sound of footsteps Robin hears coming from behind him. Regina ignores Robin, she felt bad for telling him she didn't want to see him. After all he was only trying to help her but he probably wouldn't want to talk to her. She walks straight to the living room where her son is. "Morning sweetie." Regina says sitting herself on the couch beside Roland. "Morning." He says in a tired voice. She pulls him onto her lap and kisses his cheek. "Whatcha watchin'?" Regina asks. "Spider-man." Roland responds, his eyes glued to the tv. "Roland, breakfast!" Robin calls from the kitchen.

Roland runs into the next room and climbs onto a chair at the dining room table. While Roland begins eating, Robin joins Regina in the living room. "Will you at least join us at the table?" Robin asks. "Yes, of course. I'm not just gonna sit here all day." Regina says with a roll of her eyes as she begins walking towards the kitchen. Robin takes her hand, and surprisingly she doesn't pull away. She gives it a small squeeze and smiles at him. He pulls out her chair for her then takes a seat at the head of the table.

"Roland, you've barely touched your food." Robin says. "I'm not eating it." He responds. "Why not?" Regina asks. "Because they're plain, and gross." Roland pouts. Robin sighs, "We don't have any chocolate chips Roland, I tried my best." Roland simply pushes the plate further away from him and crosses his arms. "Roland you have to eat your food, you are going to hurt daddy's feelings." Regina says. Roland sighs in frustration and picks up his fork, then begins picking at the pancake. "Do you want some juice, sweetie?" Regina asks and her son nods. "I'll be right back." She smiles. "Wait I'll help you." Robin says, earning a confused look from her. "I think I'm quite capable of pouring a glass of orange juice but thanks." Regina says with a laugh. "No I have to talk to you." Robin whispers so only she can hear. She nods and he follows her to the kitchen.

"What is it?" Regina asks, opening the fridge. "I was just think about our future and well I don't think this house is big enough anymore." Robin says. "But I love this house." Regina whines, placing the orange juice carton on the counter. Robin turns around and opens the cupboards, getting out a plastic cup. "I know and I do too but we only have two bedrooms." Robin responds. "Well I don't wanna move Robin." She states, very clearly looking him right in the eyes. "Ok we don't have to then, just a thought." He says, then pours the juice.

"Stubborn." Robin says under his breath. "Excuse me?" Regina says, in a sassy tone. "I am not stubborn." She protests, walking closer to him. "Well you won't even open yourself up to the idea of a newer, bigger place." Robin argues. "Then we'd be further apart." Regina says wrapping her arms around his neck. "I didn't think you'd really care about that." Robin says, unraveling Regina's arms and taking a step back. "What would give you that idea?" She asks, frowning, making the cute little vein of her forehead stick out slightly. "Well you keep getting mad and me...and you said you didn't want to see me for the rest of today...then Roland not wanting to eat breakfast just because I made it." Robin sighs. Regina caresses his cheek lightly, then drags her finger along his jaw to his chin, forcing him to look her in the eyes. She could see he really was hurt, but she didn't mean any of it. It was just the hormones talking.

"Robin, I'm sorry. I love you and I know I can be a little harsh at times but I don't mean it. It's just well I'm trying to adjust back to this life with you as well. I was alone for quite a while and sometimes I forget that you are here to help me. I take you for granted and I'm sorry." Regina says then plants a soft kiss against his lips. "You are forgiven. I'm sorry I took it so personally but if you ever want to just talk about things I'm here and I will listen." Robin smiles. "Thank you." She says returning the smile. "And as for Roland, he's just a picky eater and we are going to have to find a way to change that." Regina laughs. "Yes because he's only eating junk." Robin responds. "At least he's drinking orange juice." She says, picking up the cup. "Yes but does it have pulp?" He asks. "Nope." Regina responds. "Ok we are good then." Robin smiles and begins walking to the living room, then Regina stops him.

"Wait." Regina says, grabbing his arm. She pulls on his white t-shirt with the hand that isn't carrying the orange juice and crashes her lips to his. Robin plants gently kisses all over her face and she giggles. "Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?" He asks and she can't help but smile. "No you did not." Regina says, smirking. "Well your beautiful." Robin says and pecks her lips. "Thank y-" Regina's words are quickly interrupted by a loud thud. Soon after she hears a very familiar crying. The very crying she hated hearing, it brought her to tears as well. Regina and Robin both run to the dining room to see Roland lying on the floor, crying in hysterics. "Roland, what happened?"

What happened to Roland? Poor baby😭😭