Chapter 3: She's Mine

It had been two weeks since Regina and Robin's unsuspected kiss. Robin couldn't stop thinking about Regina, Regina couldn't stop thinking about Robin. She had to get her mind off of him, she needed a night to herself. Regina dropped Roland off at her Mother's house, she had agreed to watch him for a few hours while Regina ran some errands. First Regina did some vacuuming and cleaning around her house then she went out for school supplies for Roland, as school was a few weeks away.

On her way home she decided to stop at her favourite coffee shop "Granny's" for a treat. She orders herself a coffee and a cookie she will take back for Roland, then takes a seat on a stool and waits. Regina and Robin used to come here all the time, it's where they had their first date. She feels someone's presence beside her, she turns her head secretly hoping to see him. But it's someone else, he catches her staring at him and smiles. He wasn't bad looking, brown hair and green eyes, a dashing smile that could get any girl. "What's a fine lass like you doing all alone?" He asks in a strong Irish accent. "Just waiting for my coffee." She responds casually. "Oh, why didn't your boyfriend come get it for you?" The man asks. He was just trying too see if she was available and Regina wasn't going to buy it. "He was busy." She sighs. "Is he always busy?" He asks obviously hearing the sadness in her tone. "Yes, most of the time." Regina responds going along with the lie she was telling. "Well I'd never be too busy for someone as truly beautiful as you." The man complements, and places a hand on her leg rubbing it. She notices him touching her and silently prays for her coffee to be ready so she could get out of this situation. It felt wrong to her for another man to be touching her. The only one she wanted to touch her was Robin.

As if on cue Robin enters Granny's. His eyes immediately focus on the woman by the counter, Regina. He sees someone with her, a man. His hand resting on her leg. Robin's blood boils with jealousy and immediate hate towards this man. He thinks of turning back but has another plan in mind. Robin marches towards Regina, who hasn't even seen him yet and says, "Hi babe, sorry I'm late." Then kisses her cheek. The man immediately removes his hand from Regina's leg assuming this was the man she was talking about. Regina looks at Robin with a confused expression. He sits beside her and takes her hand in his, smiling.

Regina was still utterly confused as to what Robin thought he was doing. They weren't together, she hadn't even spoken to him since the kiss, why was he acting like they were a couple. "Uh hi." Regina finally says. "Is this the boyfriend you were telling me about?" The man asks and Robin raises an eyebrow. "Oh um yes this is Robin." Regina says. A coffee cup is placed down in front of her and she thanks the waitress. Another cup is placed in front of the man, who's name she learned was Will. "Well I better get going, hope to see you again soon." Will says with a wink before grabbing his coffee and leaving.

"So I'm your boyfriend now." Robin smirks. "Shut up, I just wanted that guy to stop talking to me." Regina laughs. "He shouldn't of been touching you." Robin says, jealousy lacing his words. "Someone a little jealous?" Regina asks raising an eyebrow. "No, it was just disrespectful of him to touch you without permission." Robin says sternly. Regina laughs, "Robin you touch me without permission all the time." She smiles. "Well that's different." He says. "How is that different?" Regina asks. She was actually having a good time talking with Robin, it felt like it used to.

"Because... You're mine." Robin says. "I'm yours?" She questions. "Robin, don't be so possessive." Regina says. "But you are, I could never imagine you with anyone else." He explains. "Robin I can't deal with this right now." She sighs, throwing a five dollar bill on the counter then getting up from the stool. "Deal with what? Regina, we have to talk about this sooner or later." Robin says, following her out the door. "Fine, then I choose later." She replies walking to her car. "Regina, you're so difficult." He says, grabbing her arm and spinning her around to face him. "I am not-" Regina says but is interrupted by Robin's lips against hers.

They let it last a little longer than they both expected, neither wanting to part lips. Robin finally pulls away and says, "Meet me at my house tonight at six o'clock, if you felt anything from that kiss." Robin whispers, sending chills down her spine. He pecks her lips, "I know you did." Robin winks before walking away. Regina stands there for a moment, completely stunned. How could he seem so perfect now but when they're together all they do is fight? But the way he kisses me, Regina thinks. It's enough to make me forget everything that's gone on. Maybe this could work out for them. Regina considers going to Robin's tonight.

"Regina, where have you been you are late." Her mother Cora says as Regina enters her house. "I'm sorry Mother, something... Came up." Regina says. "I don't mind watching Roland but if you are going to be late just tell me." Cora replies. "I know, I know, I'm sorry." She apologizes again. Regina has been mentally debating whether to go to Robin's tonight or not. She had two hours to decide, and she had to decide quick. Regina had to ask her Mother to watch Roland later. "Mommy!" Roland cheers running towards her, she crouches down in front of him and he throws his little arms around her neck. "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" She asks. "It was good, Grandma and I baked cookies!" He smiles. "Oh, really? Well I was just at Granny's so I thought I'd bring you a cookie." Regina says taking a bag out of her purse. "Yay!" Roland says grabbing the cookie and taking a big bite. "This is better than the ones we made." Roland whispers and Regina laughs. "Are we going home now?" Her son asks. This was it. She had to make a decision.

"No." She says. "Mother do you think you could watch Roland a bit longer, maybe let him stay overnight?" Regina asks. "Sure honey, but why?" Cora replies. "I have somewhere to be." She says, walking towards her Mother in the kitchen. "Oh really? A date?" Her mother asks with a smirk. "Sort of." Regina responds. "What's his name?" Cora says. "Not telling." She replies leaning her elbows on the counter. "Oh so your being secretive now." Cora laughs. "No I just-" She cuts Regina off. "It's ok, what ever helps you get over Robin. I know how much he meant to you." Cora smiles sadly. "Actually, I'm going to Robin's." Regina admits. "What? Why? Are you still in love with him? Are you getting back together?" Her mother bombards her with questions she was yet to answer.

"I don't know." Is all Regina can say. "I just know that I need to talk to him." She adds. "Ok well you better go, what time are you meeting him?" Cora asks. "Six." Regina replies. "Alright then go, don't worry about a thing. Roland had pyjamas and a toothbrush here anyways. Just call me in the morning and let me know when you want to pick him up." Cora says and Regina nods. "Thanks so much." She says and hugs her mother tightly. Then Regina walks back to Roland. "I'll see you in the morning Roland, you are going to stay here with Grandma tonight." She explains to her son. "No, I wanna come home." Roland whines. "I'm sorry sweetie but you can't." She responds, her voice soft. "Don't worry Roland we will have fun. We can watch movies and eat ice cream, maybe I'll even let you stay up late." Cora suggests. Roland's smile grows as soon as he hears the word ice cream. "Ok, can I have ice cream now?" He asks, jumping up and down excitedly. "No not before dinner." Cora replies with a laugh. "Ok, goodbye Mommy, I'll see you in the morning. I love you." Roland says and kisses his mother on the cheek. She smiles, "I love you too."

As soon as Regina gets back to her house she starts getting ready to go see Robin. Was this a date? No, he said they were just talking. She decides to keep the outfit she was wearing on, a tight red dress and black heels with a black blazer thrown over top. She figured if she dressed up for him, he'd get the wrong impression. Regina was glad her mother had been so understanding about this. She didn't always have a good relationship with her mother but they became closer since she had Roland. Cora would always ask to see him so Regina would often come over with Roland and bond with her. It was now almost six o'clock. Regina took one more look in the mirror before she left. She was going to tell him how she felt, be honest with him and with herself. Regina wasn't sure what would come from it but she did know one thing. The future is not written by their past.