Chapter 13: Tell Me A Story

"Are you ok, baby? What hurts?" Regina asks Roland as she kneels in front of him, pulling him into her arms. "My head." He cries. "Why is it that we are all hurting our heads today?" Regina asks herself, referring to her earlier encounter under her bed. "Be careful Robin or you'll be next." She adds, looking over at him. Roland begins calming down and she stands up, carrying him in her arms as he rests his head on her shoulder. "What happened?" Regina asks, Roland pulls away and looks at her with glossy brown eyes. "I was getting off my c-chair but then I fell and b-bumped my head on the table." Roland explains, stuttering his words due to his crying. "It's ok sweetie." Regina says, rubbing her thumb over the small bump on his forehead. "And I'm sorry about your plate." He says, referring to the shattered plate on the ground beside where he had fallen. "It's alright buddy. It's just a plate." Robin says, giving him a small smile. "Here why don't you go with daddy and get some ice for your head and I'll clean this up." Regina responds, handing him to Robin. Roland rests his head on his fathers shoulder looking back at his mom as they walked to the kitchen.

"Mommy said we need ice." Roland says when Robin hands him a bag of frozen peas. "This is ice." His father responds. "No it's not, look." Roland says, pointing to the words peas. Smart kid, only been in kindergarten a month and already knows how to read, Robin thinks to himself. "This is all we have. It's just like ice, I promise." He says and Roland nods. "Ok but if mommy gets mad it's all your fault." Roland says before walking away to the living room. Regina walks into the kitchen and places the broom and dust pan back in the closet. "Where'd Roland go?" She asks. "Oh he's just on the couch, I got him something to ice his head with, not to worry." Robin responds. "Thank you, this would of been a lot harder to manage if your weren't here." Regina says, walking towards him. Robin takes her hands in his and she smiles at him. "I'll always be here from now on, my love." He replies and kisses her lips softly. She bites her bottom lip looking up at him, "I know."

It was almost Roland's nap time and Regina was taking him upstairs, Robin walking close behind them. Roland makes a funny face at his dad over Regina's shoulder and Robin sticks his tongue out. "What are you two doing?" Regina asks when she hears Roland's little giggle. "Nothing." Robin says and Roland smiles at him. They continue making faces back and forth until she catches them. "Hey! Are you two making faces behind my back?" Regina asks, dropping Roland onto his bed. He shakes his head, "No mama." Regina raises an eyebrow at him, "Are you sure?" She says and brings her hands to his sides, ready to tickle him. "Yes, it was all daddy!" Roland says, pointing at Robin. "What? No!" He replies. "You know what I think will help Roland tell the truth?" Regina asks Robin. "What exactly, my love?" Robin smirks at her.

"A visit from the...tickle monster!" Regina says and begins tickling him. Roland giggles and squirms begging for her to stop, "Help me daddy!" Roland says through a fit of laughter. Robin begins tickling Regina and she falls onto the bed. Roland also starts tickling her. "Hey! This is unfair!" She laughs. They both stop and let Regina catch her breath as she gets off Roland's bed. "Ok time for a nap." Regina says as Roland gets under his covers. Both her and Robin sit on the edge of his bed. "I don't like naps." He whines. "You will when you're older." Robin says and Roland sticks out his tongue at him. "I saw that mister!" Regina points a finger at him and he looks up at her suppressing a smile. "Have a nice sleep." She says and kisses the bump on his forehead that was starting to bruise. She pushes his curly hair away from his face and he closes his eyes. Robin also places a kiss on his forehead and they both begin to get up.

Roland grabs his mothers arm and opens his eyes. "Can you sing to me?" He asks in a soft voice. Robin continues to get up until Roland says, "Daddy too." Robin sighs, "I don't really sing, Roland." Regina gives him a look, "If I'm singing so are you." She smiles and he sits back down. "I don't know the song." Robin complains and Regina sighs. "I'm sure you've heard it enough times to sing along." She says. "Tell me a story something neat. Not too scary, and not too sweet. Give me something to think of when I go to sleep, tell me a story." Regina sings then Robin joins in, "Tell me a story, in your own way. Where the villain goes running and the hero saves the day. I don't care if you've told me ten times before, just tell me a story, tell me a story." Roland's eyes grow heavy and they can tell he is falling asleep. They begin moving off the bed again when Roland whispers, "You didn't finish it." Regina smiles and continues, "Of a land full of horses playing fun horsey games, castles that float in the sky. Or magical horses with wings on their backs, who take us away as they fly. Tell me a story just one more. Turn out the lights and stand my the door. Then say I love you and kiss me goodnight. Tell me a story, I need a story, any old story, as long as it told by you."

By now Roland was fast asleep, with his stuffed monkey cuddled in his arms. Regina smiles and places one last kiss to his forehead before getting up and taking Robin's hand as they walk out of his room. Once they reach their bedroom, Regina lies down on the bed and Robin joins her. They both lay on their sides facing each other. Robin takes Regina's hips and pulls her towards him, their bodies now touching. Robin is so lost in her, her eyes are the colour of chocolate or maybe cinnamon. A deep shade but with specks light within them. He felt as if he could simply stare into them forever. She places a hand on his cheek breaking his train of thought. "You have the most beautiful voice." Robin says and she smiles looking down, blushing. She wasn't one to sing in front of people. "Thank you, you have a nice voice too." Regina responds, rubbing her thumb back and forth along his cheek. "No I don't." He laughs. "No you really do. It's sweet when you sing to Roland and he seems to enjoy it." Regina says, smiling. He sighs, "It's only because you were singing with me. If it was only my voice he wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks." Robin chuckles and she can't help but laugh along with him. "It's a nice song. Where did you learn it?" Robin asks once their laughter died down. Regina smiles, "My mother used to sing it to me, when I was a little girl. I had so many bad dreams after my father died it used to just calm me down. It made me dream of all the good things in the world and let my imagination run wild." She explains. Robin nods, "Well I'm glad you sing it to him. He sure loves it." He responds. "Do you feel like a nap?" Robin asks. Regina nods, "I could definitely go for a nap." Robin hugs his arms around her waist, rolling on his back, she curls into his side and rests her hand on his chest, her head laying in his shoulder. "I love you." Robin whispers, placing a kiss in her hair. Regina hums contently, "I love you too."

What do you guys think? The song is pretty cute lol it's from Strawberry Shorrcake😂❤️ this chapter was pretty calm but in the next one TROUBLE WILL STRIKE! Mwahahahahaha... Sorry guys😂
Thanks for reading!
-R