Chapter 19: Boy or Girl?

"Momma!" Roland yells as soon as he walks in the house. He undoes the velcro of his shoes, kicking them off and running into the living room.

"Oh hey sweetie, you're home already?" Regina asks, it seemed the day had gone by so fast.

"Yes and guess what?" Roland says excitedly as he sits on the couch beside his mother.

"What?" She replies smiling at him, happily.

"Auntie Emma told me I'm going over to her house tonight." Her son exclaims. Emma teaches at Roland's school so she saw him quite often. Since Regina had been friends with Emma for as long as she could remember, she had Roland call her his 'auntie'.

"Yes that's right, you'll be going there in a few hours while Daddy takes me to the doctor's." Regina tells him and he frowns.

"The doctor's? Are you ok Mama? Is the baby?" Roland asks concerned, which Regina thought to be very cute.

"Yes, don't worry it's just so we can figure out if there's a boy or a girl in my tummy." She explains, immediately seeing the smile form on his face causing dimples to indent his cheeks.

"I hope it's a boy." Roland admits, almost shyly.

"I actually have a feeling it is." His mother replies, seeing how excited he got.

"But don't get your hopes up quite yet because we will know for sure tonight." Regina adds and he nods in agreement.

"Where's your dad?" She finally asks when she realizes Robin hasn't come in the house since he dropped off Roland.

"He said he was talking on the phone." Roland simply replies, hopping off the couch.

"I'm going upstairs to pack!" The little boy says excitedly running up the stairs towards his bedroom. Regina laughs, knowing her son will only pack toys and she will have to pack the rest of his things later on.

Regina gets up off the couch and heads towards the front door. She swings the door open and is greeted with the handsome face of her fiancé.

"I was just about to come inside." Robin says, smiling at her.

"Well then come on in." Regina laughs lightly gesturing him inside and shutting the door behind him.

"You look very beautiful today, my love." He compliments, walking further into the house with her.

"Thank you, Robin but I know I can hardly look beautiful with this huge stomach." Regina replies, looking down at her rounded stomach and rubbing it gently.

"It only makes you all the more beautiful to know that the product of our love is growing in there." Robin says then pecks her cheek. She smiles at him, then looks down at her stomach once more. It seemed to have been growing a lot bigger faster. She thought that maybe since she'd already had a baby before, this one was growing easier. Regina finally snaps herself out of her thoughts and looks up at Robin.

"Thank you, you are too sweet." Regina smiles at him and takes a seat on a kitchen stool. She watches as Robin moves around the kitchen, looking for a snack to eat.

"So how was your day?" She goes on to ask him.

"Um... alright I guess." Robin says, his back still turned to her as he opens several cabinets.

"Just alright? Roland said you were on the phone earlier, is that what wrecked your day?" Regina asks, playing with her fingers in anticipation.

"Yes actually. My boss wants to up my position which will get us more money, but it requires more hours and once the baby comes I need to be home as much as possible." Robin explains, sighing in frustration. He finally finds a granola bar and takes a bite of it, walking around the island to sit beside her on a stool.