10. Sick Date [B.A.]

Start from the beginning

"I understand them," he said, his face twisting up. "I just... Iris always got kind of mean when we were growing up and this happened."

You laughed, "Aw, Barry. You're afraid I'll be mean to you?"

"She was also really sensitive and somehow I always said the wrong thing," Barry winced, probably remembering some incident. Barry used to love Iris, and did for a long time. But over the past year, that seemed to stop, and they seemed nothing more than friends. He even explained that he didn't like her anymore, that he realized there were other things out there for him. And you couldn't tell how many times you prayed that other thing out there for him was you.

"I just get sad," you shrugged, "But seriously, don't be afraid or whatever. If you can handle Reverse Flash you can handle me once a month."

Barry rolled his eyes. Apparently it was too soon for those jokes.

"Hey," you said softly, "It's really not a big deal. But I'm sorry to miss lunch. You said it was important?"

Barry's face turned a light shade of pink and he shrugged, "No, it's okay." He shifted closer to you again, looking at the television in front of you that was playing an old episode of One Tree Hill.

"No, it's not," you frowned, "What was important about it?" You reached over, placing one of your hands on top of his.

"Don't worry about it," he sighed, "This is fine, if you don't mind."

"I don't," you smiled, moving your hand away.

"Do you need anything?" He asked, "Medicine, maybe?"

"I already took some," you informed, "I just like having you here, not avoiding me for a week like normal if you found out. Which, most times you haven't. So, see, I'm good. You can handle me."

He frowned, "Sorry about that. I didn't want any chance of you being mad at me. But for now on, I'm right here." He put an arm around you, bringing you closer. You loved when he did that, which was almost always when you were alone.

"So, what was the important thing?" You pestered again, looking up at Barry's face. He was so handsome, you just couldn't believe he was your best friend. The lights flicked softly, and Barry probably wouldn't have noticed if he didn't have superspeed and could notice every little thing that happened every millisecond.

"Uh," he groaned, "Forget about it. It can wait."

"Can it?" You asked.

Barry looked down at you, his eyes meeting yours. His mouth drooped a little, his eyes searching yours. "Okay, no," he sighed, "I'll be right back." He gently removed his arm from you, and then raced out of the door. You raised your eyebrows in anticipation.

When he showed up again, he was holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers and a box of chocolates.

"What are-" you started, but he cut you off.

"Shh," he whispered, sitting down next to you again. His face was painted with a pink blush. "I was just planning this lunch to... well, Y/N, I'm just going to say it. You're my best friend and you mean the world to me. I couldn't imagine going through all of this without you. I'm so thankful for you. And, well, I really like you, Y/N. I... I sort of thought you might feel the same way. But if you don't, I'm hoping the chocolates will help change your mind." He said everything so fast, you almost couldn't catch all of it. At the end, he offered one of his wonderful smiles. "I'm sorry," he said, "I was supposed to say this over a fancy lunch, but this is what I've got to work with." He smirked, holding out the box of chocolates.

You couldn't stop smiling and your heart couldn't stop racing. Was this really happening?

"Barry," you breathed, "I-I like you too. But for love of all things holy, please stop talking so fast." Barry smiled harder, pulling you into his arms.

"Gosh, Barry," you sighed into his chest. "I really like you, too. I didn't... I just... wow." Your eyes started tearing up, and you didn't know if it was solely Barry's words or partially from the big cramp forming in your stomach. The lights dimmed around you unvoluntarily, creating a soft ambiance in the room.

He pulled back, scanning your face. "Are you okay, Y/N?" He looked at the light fixture on the ceiling, worry evident in his eyes.

You nodded, "Yeah, yeah. I'm very okay." You laughed lightly, as he moved his thumb over your cheek, wiping away a stray tear. The lights brightened again as he stroked your skin.

"I'm glad," Barry smiled, nodding his head. "So, should we try dinner tomorrow night?"

"As a date?" You asked.

"That's what people who like each other do," Barry smiled, placing down the flowers and chocolates on the coffee table.

"Yes," you nodded, "It's a date."

Barry leaned over, gently placing a kiss on the corner of your mouth, pulling away to leave you wanting more.

"You're perfect, Barry Allen," you whispered, as he put his arm around you again. This time, he held you closer, your head resting on his chest. The two of you focused in on the TV, well your eyes did, but his were locked on you. A couple on the screen were kissing passionately somewhere, which made you feel anxious sitting there with Barry.

You looked up at Barry, who was staring at you with a small smile. He was caught. He sighed, and looked up at the screen to see the passionate kiss. "They look happy," he muttered, looking back down at you. You sat up a little bit, nodding. His mouth pulled into a goregous smile, as he leaned over to you.

His lips connected to yours perfectly, as if it wasn't a first kiss.

He pulled away quickly, his face staying close, his eyes locked on yours. "I've been waiting forever to do this," he sighed. He locked his lips with yours again, and you couldn't help but smile into the kiss. This time, he didn't pull away, but he instead started moving his lips with yours. You had been waiting forever, too.

• • • • •

author's note | hey, hey! okay so i don't always do an author's note because i hardly ever know what to say. it's always like the same thing. but today, i have a question for you.

what did star labs and ccpd do before barry woke up from the coma and started working as the flash??? did metahumans just not do anything until there was somebody to stop them?? they couldn't have all been in comas for nine months, right??? because without super fast healing they would've been weak and had to relearn how to walk and things after a coma - not going out causing havoc and ruining lives ya know??? like what?? what happened during those nine months?? what did the world do before barry allen became the flash???? this is something i really think about and if anyone has an answer, please tell. please. okay. thanks.

alrighty now, rant over :) thanks for reading! and if you read my nine month rant, you da real mvp