[4] Don't wanna take a bow

You're so down to Earth
And I'm up in the stars
So show me the sea
And I'll take you to Mars

Everett poked at his sandwich, his gaze flickered between Rose's retreating figure and his friend, Damien

"And so he said that if my parents weren't filthy rich, I would have been nothing but a scrub," Damien ranted. The only reason why Everett stuck around him was because he was at the bottom of the elites, making him an easy puppet.

Just like how she assumed that he was an easy target.

He quickly scratched the thought away. He couldn't look down on his enemy just yet. Who knew if she had hidden intentions in the first place? He should really play his cards right. Pick the wrong card and it's the dead end for him.

Damien snapped Everett back to reality. "Are you even listening?" Everett shook his head because honesty is the best policy they say. "See? That's the problem with you!" Damien sighed, running his fingers through his brown locks.

"It's Rose, isn't it?"

"Yes," Everett replied, not making eye contact with him. His mind was in a constant whirlwind of thoughts, with majority consisting of every unrevealed dirt he had on Rose. Oh were they all juicy. Definitely juicy enough to get her begging on her knees.

But first, he had more important matters to attend to. "Hey Damien, are you up for a party this Saturday?" He glanced at Rose's direction once more, this time a smirk playing on his lips. She must have felt his stare since her head turned for a brief moment.

"I'm always up for anything, you'd know that," Damien said, pretending to have not noticed the unusual sight of a smirk on his friend's lips.

"Great, I will need you to send the invites. Invite each and every single Elite but most importantly, don't forget to invite Rose."

Everett wasn't one to test the waters before initiating a coup d'etat. He needed to gauge her intelligence thoroughly first before proceeding on to further stages. Once there, there will no longer be room for any blunders.

Most of the chatters that filled the cafeteria was incessant, almost incoherent unless you listened carefully, targetting certain conversations to tune in - an accurate representation of noise pollution.

Every student, whether it be the commoners or the Elites of the social hierarchy, none were to be looked down upon.

Though occasionally unnoticed by most of the student body, there will always be one silver with the worth of gold, aiming to shine brighter than it.