[3] I'm so intriguid by your style, boy

I have
what I have
and I'm happy

I have lost
what I've lost
and I am
still
happy

I have lost what I've lostand I amstillhappy

Rose scrutinized the the clock. Again. But this time, a smirk played on her lips. Everett left her hanging after declaring war for the throne, but in a very...very interesting way. She'd never expected her bait to turn the tables on her.

She thought that she was doing a great job luring him in but no, instead she fell into his trap. His intentions were clear from the start. He wanted her to believe that she had managed to seduce him. And she did.

Why was he doing this?

For what purpose?

She didn't know. She didn't care. She just enjoyed a little game of chess against a worthy opponent. A game of chess to her would consist three important rules that she would always follow.

Don't fall into a hole. The trap.

Don't fail to make your enemy fall.

And most importantly, don't fall in love.

Those were 'the 3 Falls' Rose loyally followed whenever she decided to play her favorite human board game. Since she was both the Queen and King, she came to a decision to watch and observe her opponent from afar. Until he makes his first move.

She punched the numbers on her phone with familiarity and pressed the 'call' button. It rang four times before the person on the other side picked it up. "Ah, Rose my beautiful rose. What can I do for you this time, little pretty," his voice velvety. Just the way she liked it.

"Enough with the flattery, Jax. You know that's not my taste, right?" She said, fighting a smile. She liked flattery but her ego wouldn't allow her to admit it. "So straight to the point. I want you to dig up some information on Everett. Everett Lockridge."

"Playing your little games again aren't you, love? I wonder who is the lucky one this time," he sighed, as if he was used to being asked these kinds of favors from her. "Just assure me that you won't make him end up like her," he warned, his tone low.

"I can assure you but I can't promise, for I can't keep them." She got up and wrapped her bare fingers around the thorny stem of the rose; the rose that she kept in a crystal vase, even though it was only one flower.

She was willing to go through all sorts of pain to achieve a goal. Whether it be a challenge or a dare.

"I am worried for you, okay? You can't do this forever. At some point, it's bound to break you," he pleads. From the other side of the line, he was silently praying - hoping.