[2] Cause I'm so sweet all the time

They say we're too young to love but maybe they're too old to remember.

"Wanna get together later? I mean we can ditch our parents any time we like," Rose spoke lowly so only Everett could hear her

"Wanna get together later? I mean we can ditch our parents any time we like," Rose spoke lowly so only Everett could hear her. She knew what she was doing and was very confident about that. Her gaze held his. She could see the reluctance in his eyes hence she blew out a dramatic sigh and shrugged his hand away from her back. "Forget about it, let's eat dinner. Honestly, I am starving."

The waiter had already served the main dishes, along with the appetizers. Rose relished the thought of stuffing herself full with all the good food, temporarily forgetting that she failed to lure Everett into her trap. Guess it's time to use some of the tips from 'Ways of getting to know a person better' book.

"Yeah, same here. I can literally eat a whale." He stabbed his fork into a piece of steamed fish before setting it onto his plate. "Are you okay over there? Don't worry, I am still contemplating your offer," he consoled in a jokingly manner, hoping to get her mood up.

Rose flipped back her brown waves, allowing it to cascade down her spine. Following suit, she scooped up the a piece of the same steamed fish and laid it on her plate. Through heavy lidded eyes, she scrutinized him, a smile playing on her tinted lips. "Oh, you love fish too? And no, it's okay. I was just taking things a little too fast." She crossed her right leg over her left, leading her dress ride up to her mid thighs.

For a split second Everett's gaze flickered downwards.

"Eyes up here."

He gave her a meek smile. "Let's play twenty questions while we wait for the adults to finish their little chit chat," he suggested while he watched her bring the fish into her mouth. Rose nodded, chewing slowly, his suggestion earning her attention in an instant. "Who was your last crush?"

She smirked, clearly amused by his question. "Easy. You." He raised a questionable brow. As if he was going to fall for that. "Fine, fine. It was Jax. Jax Ford. Goddamn was that guy hot," she confessed, her head hung low in guilt. It wasn't like she was lying even though she intended to. This wasn't going to be as easy as it seemed, since Everett was clearly playing hard to get. Guys who played hard to get are fun to mess around with.

He curled his fingers around the glass filled with water and took a sip from it. His adam's apple bobbed when he swallowed. "Interesting. Your turn."

"What was the most sinful thing you have ever done?"

Their parents peeked at them, which forced Rose and Everett to create a distance between them and act as if nothing had happened. Everett's mother let out a delightful chuckle at the sight of two shy, socially awkward teenagers. What she didn't know was the evident tension that surrounded them like a stubborn cloud.