[1] Royals have no souls. We have guts

A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel,
so no one can harm you

Evening dresses the colour of a nude palette were strewn across the marbled floor of a dimly lit room

Evening dresses the colour of a nude palette were strewn across the marbled floor of a dimly lit room. A crystal vase sparkled nevertheless, and in it was a red rose, the colour of blood. The heavy curtains were drawn, only the sound of passing cars and screeching tires could be heard.

Rose Ampersand stared at her own reflection and proceeded to uncap her new classic red lipstick before gliding it over her puckered lips. She scrunched her brows, angling her head to the side to check out her side profile. Nope, she was no goddess but who said you needed to be beautiful to be gorgeous.

She smacked her lips a few times, fluffed her hair and bent down to pick up her Stuart Weitzman heels, eyes flickering to the clock sitting on her bedside table occasionally.

Late.

Tardy.

That was what her parents always said. Trust her to be late for any occasion, whether it be a dinner date or a party. Sadly, she wasn't going to attend either tonight.

Her thin, slender fingers were smoothening the wrinkles on her dress until suddenly, her ringtone floated across the room. She let out an audible groan, for she had to tread over her numerous dresses, she answered the call.

"What are you doing upstairs, Rose?" her mother asked, exasperated. "We are ten minutes late already, do you not already know that? The Lockridge family have already ordered the dishes and we aren't even on our way yet!"

From the background, Rose could hear her father complaining about how they were never on schedule ever since she came into their lives.

She rolled her eyes even though she knew her parents wouldn't be there to see it. "Geez I am already ready. Just give me a moment, I still need to walk down the long ass staircase you know."

"Good. We will be waiting in the car." And with that, her mother ended the call. Rose started making her way down the countless number of stairs and rushed past the extensive living room, situated in the heart of the mansion she lived in.

It was furnished with a mixture of classical and modern pieces which her mother picked out. There was no colour theme but a guest would assume that the colour theme was white. She could vividly remember the first time they moved into this humongous place; it was so bare that when she talked, her voice would bounce back to her.

She muttered a farewell to her favourite place of comfort and pushed open the wooden door which was carved with intricate designs that no one could interpret.