Chapter 15: Hands and Hearts

The next few days Ink forced Y/n to rest. He wasn't fully convinced that she was perfectly okay. Which was correct, occasionally her soul would ache painfully, as if the strings still tugged at her soul. She rested inside the paint-splattered void, staring at the ceiling from her place on the mattress. Ink was universe-hopping, trying to find Error. He hadn't showed up in any universe since the battle in Underswap. He had to be hiding away somewhere. In a few minutes, Ink should be checking on her.

As if on cue there was the sound of paint splattering against the floor. Ink's echoing footsteps drew nearer. His eyesockets peered down at her, looking slightly concerned. Y/n smiled up at him, trying to appease his worry.

"How are you feeling?" Despite her efforts, Ink still worried for her.

"I'm feeling much better actually! My soul doesn't hurt as much." Ink sat on the bed as she sat up. Putting her hand over her chest she summoned her soul. "No cracks or anything," she observed quietly. Her soul glowed softly in her cupped hands. Ink wrapped his hands around Y/n's. She looked up sharply, Ink was inspecting her soul intensely. She smiled cheekily.

"Hey Ink." He met her mischievous gaze. She dropped her hands leaving nothing between her soul and his hands. "You've stolen my heart!" She said, putting her hands dramatically over her chest. Ink chuckled quietly, she giggled along with him.

"You're amazing Y/n." He whispered, resting his forehead against hers. "Here," he placed her soul back in her hands. "I guess you are feeling better." He concluded as she reabsorbed her soul. 

"Can we go to Omega then?" She asked quietly , ready to see everyone again. Ink heaved a silent sigh.

"You promise to be careful?" He inquired with a slightly desperate tone. He didn't want her to hurt herself or lose her again. Y/n nodded slowly, promising. "Welp, this is going to be fun to explain." He joked, pulling his brush out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they had expected there was a lot of shock. Classic, Fell, and Blueberry was there. Some others may have been there, but they weren't in the living room. The three Sanses hadn't seen them enter.

"Hey guys..." Y/n said casually, causing all three to look up. Blueberry was the first to react. He immediately teared up and ran to hug her. Classic stood there dumbfounded as Fell did a double take.

"Y/n! Oh my stars, I thought we had lost you!" Blue sobbed into her shoulder as she tried to calm him. Fell and Classic came closer, both unsure if it was actually her.

"It's me guys. I'm really here." Her voice began to waver as tears rolled down her cheeks. They took turns hugging her as Ink tried to explain how she was alive while also being vague. No one could know of the creators.

"Ya didn't reset did you?" Classic had asked at one point in time.

"No I didn't. I don't think I even can actually. " Y/n had replied, and perhaps it was true.

Word Count: 516