Chapter 11: New Universe

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Three days later.

"Innnnnnnnnnkkkkk!!!!!" Y/n yelled, rushing over to the skeleton in the Multiverse. His head snapped up from his sketchbook.

"Whoa, calm down Y/n! What's wrong?!" She slid to a stop and sat on the white floor beside Ink. She breathed heavily, placing a hand over her exposed soul.

"The Creators... Made a new universe!!!!" Y/n had grown close to the Creators over the past few days, getting information from them. They had just told her that they were in the process of making a new alternate universe.

"When are they gonna be-" Ink was cut off as a bright light flashed in front of where they sat. After the flash died, a piece of paper appeared. On it was a drawing of Frisk with a pink frilly tutu and ballet shoes. Ink and Y/n stared in awe. The paper tried to lift from the ground to join the Multiverse but Ink grabbed the page quickly.

He flipped it over, on the back was the name and description of the new universe.

Dancetale: A universe in which everyone has their own style of dancing. Very lively with dance parties every night.

"Can we go check it out Ink, please?" Y/n put a hand on Ink's arm, looking very excited. He smiled at her, grabbing her hand.

"Of course, let's go!" He let go of Dancetale, letting it find its place in the Multiverse. Y/n bounced around in excited circles as Ink created a portal to the new universe.

~~~~~~~~~~

Snow crunched under their feet as the arrived. Ink had dropped them just outside of Snowdin. Y/n could already hear the music, fast and full of bass. Her hand slipped into its usual place around Ink's as they started walking towards the music.

As they neared town they caught sight of multi-colored lights, Grillby's was booming with life. Through the window, shadows of dancing monsters twirled to the music. Ink and Y/n smiled to each other as they started to dance outside in the snow. Neither of them were very good in comparison to the Dancetale characters. Yet the laughs and giggles coming from the pair showed they were having fun.

Everything became serene as the tempo of the music slowed and softened. The sound from inside the diner fell as soft as the snow Ink and Y/n stood in. They held each other close, rocking in time to the gentle music. Y/n rested her head on Ink's chest humming quietly to the melody, her eyes closed. He held her tighter. 

The silence was short lived as a bell rung, signaling someone had exited the diner, catching Ink's attention. The skeleton stood on the step of Grillby's. His blue hood was pulled over his skull and a towel hung from his shoulders. It could only be Sans, in this universe at least.

Sans noticed them soon after Ink noticed him. Yet Sans just smiled and gave a small wave, that is until he realized Y/n was a human. Immediately his pinpricks disappeared and his kind smile faded. Ink had forgotten that Y/n being a human might be a problem.

"Y/n.... Sans is here." Ink whispered to her quietly. She lifted her head, surprised by his words and quickly found him still on the steps. His pinpricks had returned, yet he still looked cautious about her.

"Oh, no. D-don't worry, I'm not going to hurt anyone. Please, I have no ill intent." Y/n tried to convince him that she was no threat. It seemed effective.

"Heh, no need to worry about me. Capturing humans isn't really my thing. Now my brother, Papyrus." He jabbed his thumb behind him, presumably inside the diner was Papyrus. "He's a human hunting fanatic!" 

"I bet he is Sans!" Y/n giggled, recalling that was exactly how she was introduced to Papyrus.

"I never told you my name.." His tone became dark and Y/n put her hand over her mouth. "Who are you two?" She looked up at Ink frightened, he shook his head.

"It's alright, I had planned to say something anyway." Ink turned to the Sans in front of them. "My name is Ink and this is Y/n. As you can see we aren't from here..." Ink went on to explain who they were, the Protectors. They looked over timelines and kept everyone safe. Error was also discussed briefly.

"Also, I'd keep an eyesocket out for a gray human. They may show up in the next few days, they aren't harmful or anything. I don't want to spoil the surprise for you though!" Ink held Y/n's hand while waving at Sans. "Anyways, we should be going. It was nice to meet you Sans!"

"Yeah, you too. Come back any time!" Dancetale Sans disappeared back into the rowdy diner. Ink and Y/n went back to the Multiverse. Everything was alright....

Yet there's always a cAlM before the sToRm. RiGhT?

Word Count: 814