Chapter 3: Meeting the Sanses

"Classic! Scoot your butt over!"

Y/n jerked awake, angry shouting echoed from down stairs. She sat up and flung the covers off herself. Who was making so much racket? She peeked out the door.

"Heh, sorry Fell. But i don't have a butt to scoot." A skeleton was lounging on the couch while another stood over him looking mildly annoyed. The first one looked almost exactly like Y/n's Sans. Y/n opened the door wider, catching the attention of the one that sat on the couch.

"Huh?... Oh hey, you're Y/n right?" He asked as she stepped out of the room. The other skeleton turned around, his left eye was glowing red. Y/n flinched.

"Y-yes..."

"Heh, don't worry kid. Fell may look scary, but he's a marshmallow once you know him." He poked Fell who growled in response.

"So you're that human Blue wouldn't stop blabbering about. I'm Fell, that's Classic." Y/n walked down the stairs, giving a shy smile.

"Or Sansy if you want. Which AU are you from?"

"Oh um... Surfacetale." Y/n looked at her feet, playing with the zipper of her jacket again. Sansy seemed to understand, but Fell seemed more confused.

"Wait... Isn't that the one that got termin-"

"Fell, shut up." Sansy stood up from the couch, pulling Y/n into a hug as she started crying. "I'm so sorry kid...." He whispered as he hugged her tighter, Fell placed a bony hand on her shoulder. Classic pulled away to look at her. Y/n wiped her tears sniffling, thanking him. Sansy gave a short chuckle. "I see he gave you his jacket. Keep it safe, our jackets are very precious to us." She noticed his jacket was worn, it must have seen much wear.

"Thank you very much Sansy." Y/n smiled and he winked at her. He let her go.

"Don't worry too much. Ink keeps us safe, plus error can't get into the Omega Timeline." Sansy said as he sat back down on the couch. Y/n simply nodded, once again curious about this Ink. He seemed to have a large impact. She opened the front door, exiting the house.

~~~~~~

Y/n sat in the flower field near the small town, the hood of her jacket pulled over her hair. She want to calm herself before she met this Ink. She didn't want to burst into tears again. She watched the golden flowers sway. She sighed and closed her eyes. It was so peaceful, the soft sound of the wind whispering through the flowers.

"Y/n.... Surfacetale..." A voice stated behind her, making her jump a few feet. The voice laughed, taking steps towards her, she felt someone sit beside her. She knew who it was..... Ink.

"Ya know... I really like the Omega Timeline, it's so pretty. Like a painting." His voice was light and airy, certainly not what she had been expecting. Y/n glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, her hood covering most of her vision. He was a Sans that was for sure, but he looked completely different at the same time.

"A-are you.... Ink?" She asked hesitantly, he turned to her as she spoke. Y/n immediately noticed his mixed eyes, one a star and the other a blue circle. He smiled as he nodded.

"Yup, you heard of me huh? Everyone talks of me here. But, yeah.... I'm Ink Sans!" Sticking out his hand for her to shake, his grin widening. Y/n inhaled nervously before reaching over and shaking it. He wasn't what she had expected, he was so nice and friendly. How would this Ink protect her? From what was the bigger question.

"I'm Y/n.... Sans... My Sans told me you would protect me.." Ink's eyes widened, shrinking down to mere pinpricks. He knew something major had happened, usually people didn't talk about him outside the Omega Timeline. It was hard to explain who he was to someone who didn't know about Alternate Universes.

"Why? Did something happen to Surfacetale?"

"M-my universe... was.. was terminated." She stuttered as tears threatened to spill. Ink's look of fear was over taken by pity for Y/n, he knew how much she was hurting. She had lost her entire universe in less than a blink. Slowly, he spread his arms open.

"Want a hug?" Y/n hesitated for a second, not wanting to appear weak. But, Ink seemed so open and nonjudgmental. She nodded, tears spilling down her cheeks. Ink wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a warm hug. She cried silently as he muttered apologies to her. Surfacetale Sans was right, Y/n felt safe with him.  

Word Count: 764