Chapter 6: Sacrifice Over No One

Začať od začiatku

   “The one who loved me and you... you more. You liked him too! I could see the way you stared at him! I could never get a Vampire like that... He loved you so much and you left him to die! You have wings, why couldn’t you’ve saved him? Flown away with him? That would’ve made ‘me’ happy, at least to know that he was okay... Oh my God!” She cried out. She picked up handfuls of sand and through it at the sea. It was sprinkled into the water and created circles of movement.

   “I don’t know what you’re talking about...” I admitted. She turned to glare at me. Her eyes turned a light red colour just like Amadeus’s eyes. She was a Vampire, but what did she mean about me having wings? This made no sense.

   “How could you not know? Did you bump your stupid, idiotic head of yours? Your selfish mind took over you and you escaped without him! You could’ve saved him! His purple eyes... I can’t believe this!” She shouted covering her face with her hands.

   Purple eyes... Shiro? Was it Shiro who died? Oh my God! How could I’ve forgotten this? Shiro...

   “What was his name?” I asked her. She began to stand up very slowly. She turned to face me, anger in her eyes and on her face. She was a Vampire for sure. I stood my ground.

   “How the hell...” She whispered too softly I could barely hear her. I pushed my head closer to hers.

   “Pardon? I can’t hear you properly?” I said calmly. She clenched her fists and looked me in the eyes. Oh dear, I’m going to get a pounding.

   “How the HELL could you forget his BLOODY name? You son-of-a-BITCH!” She cried and threw a punch at me. I dodged it luckily and I fell to the sandy ground. I looked up at her. “I’m gonna drink every last drop there is of you AB negative blood type, even if I’m allergic to it!”

   I gasped and a bright blue flame grew around her. She blasted hot blue flames at me and I ran for my life. That’s her freakn’ power? How’m I gonna stop her?

   I ran to a palm tree and stopped. She was right behind me. I turned to face her. I felt pressure on my back for some odd reason.

   “I thought you were my friend...” She started, “But you’re just an unfaithful chick who thinks she’s better than everyone because she has the wings of an angel!”

   She threw another ball of fire at me but I dodged it once again. She hit the palm tree and tons of coconuts fell on top of her.

   “Aieee!” She cried in pain and fell to the floor. She looked sort of knocked out but she was still conscious.

   “I’m also a lot smarter than you.” I heard myself say. I didn’t mean to say it though. It just sort’ve came out. I then felt something push out of my skin. I didn’t feel any pain, just the pressure. I turned to see two huge beautiful white wings sticking out of my back. What the hell?

   She opened her eyes wide and pushed all of the coconuts off herself. She noticed my wings and stared at them. She stood up and her eyes were now a deep blue colour. She had calmed down.

   “I’m sorry but... I couldn’t have done anything to save him. I feel your grief, I really do, but he saved me. He showed me the exit and I thank him for that. I couldn’t have done anything after that... he just sort’ve locked himself in there and I couldn’t save him. Believe me, I tried.” I told her. Her eyes filled with tears again.

   “I just... m-miss him sooo much... a-and now I can’t ever see him again... I’m so sorry for doing that stuff to you, I know you tried your best to help him but he saved to world from mass destruction. At least you got out safely, that’s all that matters I guess...” She admitted and whipped tears off her cheeks. We both turned to face the sunset which was slowly fading down behind the horizon. It was beautiful.

   “That’s what he would’ve wanted.” I said happily. I pulled my wings around her to hold her softly. The brush of my feathers were so soft that she couldn’t resist placing her head gently on the top. Tears rolled down her cheeks and I smiled at her.

   “He would be proud of you.” I began. She turned to look up at me. She was quite small but with large breasts. “He’s probably looking down on us right now... He’s probably thinking about you and me. I loved him too and I’ll never forget him.” I whispered and tears built up in my eyes. Who was I crying for anyway?

   “Thank you Lilly. You are a true friend.” She exclaimed. We then stood there for a long time watching to sun disappear behind the calm waves of the water. It was fantastic, but somehow, I felt grief build up inside me. Did Shiro die for me? I didn’t know who saved me but I had a pretty good feeling.

   “Lilly... Lilly... LILLY! WAKE UP ALREADY!” A familiar voice called out. I felt some ones hand rubbing my forehead.

   “Lilly? Are you okay? I know your mother died in your head but you have to wake up.”  Shiro’s voice said. I opened my eyes to see Shiro’s cute little face over mine. He smiled. “I’m sorry my advice didn’t work...” He said sadly. He backed away from me and sat back on my puff.

   “What advice?” I asked slowly sitting up. I yawned loudly. “Oh and I had an awfully strange dream... It was with this Vampire girl and she started to attack me cause, apparently I chose my life over someone else’s and now he died and she was like “I’ll kill you for that!” and I was like, “Who?” and she was swearing and throwing fire balls at me and I had angel wings.” I said with a giant smile. I said that so fast I sounded like a five year old kid.

   Chelsea and Shiro’s mouths dropped open. The expressions on their faces told me they were surprised. They both thought I had that dream again, but I didn’t...