Chapter 16

I woke up next to Jack, who was still passed out. He had drool on his mouth, but I wiped it away, and he moaned slightly, stretching. I stood still, like I was trying not to wake my parents up with the creeky floor board, but he turned the other way, and stayed asleep. I took my skirt from the night before and slipped it on. It didn't give me much length to the shirt, but it gave me enough. 

Walking out, there was barely anyone up. Zack was on the floor, doing push ups and Tay was sitting on the bunk, watching him. Alex peaked his head out from the bedside curtain and smiled. "Hey, Em. Good morning." 

I scratched my head, still tired, and waved. I walked into the bathroom, and did my morning business. This was going to be a long three months. 

I walked out and sat across from Alex. "Where's Allison?" He pointed up and I nodded. The beds were small, only room for one average person. Or two skinny people, if they didn't mind being cramped. 

Zack had finished doing his pushups and sat next to Tay. She looked like she had just woke up, too. 

"What are we doing today?" 

"Well, we're going to fuck around. Go to stores, walk around. Do normal people things." I nodded and looked around. "What's on the tube?" 

"Baseball later today." Great. 

After a while, everyone woke up. It seemed to be a great day ahead, at least until football. Go out, walk around. It was nice to see that they actually did other things while they were on tour. 

After we ate some eggs and bacon and getting dressed, we headed out to a local mall. It wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. We went to some name brand stores, and no one really bought anything, and since it was a weekday, not many people were inside the mall, so it gave them a chance to goof off, and go their own way. Jack, Alex, Allison and I stuck together as we went to Spencer's. 

"How'd you sleep last night?" Allison asked. 

"It was okay, nothing too great," I said. "You?" 

"Well, let's just say the office beds are more comfortable than those beds." I nodded and watched Jack and Alex play with the adult toys and reading the cards as we looked at the magnets and pins. 

"How are you and Alex doing?" 

"We're good. It's more of company for him right now, nothing serious," she said moving to the shirts. "How are you and Jack?" 

"We're good," I said following her. "Taking it as slow as we can in this fast paced life." 

"You glad you took this with me?" 

"You know, I kind of am. It's always fun to see how other people live their lives, you know?" 

"Mmhmm," she said as Alex and Jack walked up to us, moving to another store. 

Jack placed his arm around my shoulder as I got another cramp. I hunched over for a quick second, like I stumbled over my feet. I was not very happy, but it's clockwork. One day at a time. 

We walked into a clothing store, the guys heading one way, Allison and I the other. We looked at cute dresses and shorts, but didn't dare buy anything. 

"Do you think that Alex likes me?" 

"I don't know, why?" 

"Well, he's just been poking fun at me. Play wrestling and all that stuff." She was browsing through some shirts and spaced out in thought. 

"Why don't you ask him? Be straight up. I mean, tonight you guys get a bed, so you can at least talk a little bit more." 

She looked to me and smirked. "I know."