Chapter 8

I guess the most thing I was taken back by was the fact that I almost had sex with him. I know that it happens every second of every day. Some are in love, some are doing it for some cash. Some even do it just because it tickles their fancy. But with me... It was almost just because I couldn't contain myself. 

My first kiss, and I can't even remember it. What did he taste like? Was I any good? Does he think any less or more of me that I didn't sleep with him? My mind would not shut off, no matter how hard I had tried. 

"I am sorry," I said, worried the rest of the time with him would be awkward. 

"It's okay, Emily. I understand. And I respect you," he rubbed the back of his neck, as if he was unsure. I didn't quite know how to react to this, and was worried for the future. So I just did it. 

I looked to him, into his eyes and smiled. Running my fingers through his hair, it was soft, thick and not full of any type of product. I leaned in and kissed his lips. He pressed back to me briefly, then pulled away. There was a quiet smack as our lips parted and I ruffled my brow. 

"What?" 

"It doesn't feel right now," he said. Awesome. 

My heart raced as I looked away. Maybe this whole idea was a mistake. The idea of him and me together, it didn't seem right. I was sinking... and sinking fast. 

"Maybe I should go--" 

"No! I want you to stay, I just feel bad. I don't want you to think that I'm using you for that reason." 

"Well, it's up in the air, Jack," I said, standing up. "I know I wasn't thinking clearly last night, but I do want to try--" 

"I have to think," he said abruptly. He sounded angry and I just put my head down. Why did he have to think? Would it all have been fine if I didn't say anything? If I just randomly climbed into bed with him like he wanted? 

"I'm sorry that I haven't been with anyone, not really my fault, Jack." 

"I understand, but now I don't want to pressure you. I'd feel like you would think that I was using you." 

"Are you?" 

"No, but--" 

I pressed my lips hard on his as I grabbed his head so he couldn't get away and then climbed up on top of him. He struggled some, but after a while, just gave up and kissed me back. His tongue grazed my lips softly as I thought about what my mother would say to me. Emily Rae, what in good God's green Earth are you doing? But I didn't care. This time it felt fine. It felt right. 

I pushed him back on his bed, slipping off my shirt as his hands went to my hips and up slightly. His hands were cold, but not freezing. Flipping my hair over to one side of my head, I leaned down and kissed him softly again, rocking my hips back and fourth, getting the motion started. I've heard about what to do, but never actually saw it, so I was just going to wing it. 

I kissed Jack's cheek, then down to his jawline and finally his neck, while my hands were slipping up his shirt. I finally worked it up enough to take it off him, as we parted for just a moment and then laid back down on each other. My body pressed against his felt warm, as I got shivers slowly up my spine. There was a stronger scent of cinnamon in the air with a hint of apples. 

He ran his fingers down my spine, to the back of my pants and kissed my collar bone, going lower. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. He was so gentle -- so slow. I just took in every ounce of pleasure. I felt his hands creeping, trying to take off my pants, as I decided to return the favor. I unbuttoned and unzipped his pants as he finally worked my sweat pants off me. He rolled us over and positioned lengthwise on the bed.