Chapter 4

Some days have passed, and I had finished everything I needed to do. I really thought that these party boys would have had some deep, dark secrets hidden in the house, but they are just normal people, living regular lives (as much as they could, anyway). All I had to do was steam the carpets and just do normal house work. All the laundry was folded and put away nicely; I even did the bed sheets.

For the past while, I wondered what it would be like to be a house wife. Being home, and greeting my husband when he came home. Cooking dinner. As much as I would love it, I don't think it would ever happen.

 As for Jack and I, he's been calling me every few days, checking in on me, while, at the same time, I've been getting a little more attention from the others. I've been trying to stay inside the house, for fear of people knowing where I was and trying to attack me with questions. What would I tell them? I don't know them personally, I just cleaned their house once. But I am sure that I wouldn't have to deal with that.

      I don't think that I could ever do what they do. All the attention -- sure, it'd be nice for a while, but wouldn't it get old and boring? Would an average life to them sound exciting? Working a 9 to 5? I'm sure if I asked, they'd answer. But would it feel like I was one of them?

      Sitting down, for just a moment, I decided to think back about my life and how I got here. By my parents love and hard work. It was such a struggle, at times with money, but they always seemed to make it out like everything was just perfectly fine. I guess you could say that we lived a lush life, in some aspects. They worked hard, saved a lot, and spoiled everyone equally in their lives on special holidays. Every day, I am thankful for what they had taught me.

      All I have ever known was love for family. Nothing romantic. What if this Jack and I think had progressed? What would I do? Could I keep my friends? Would I be treated any differently by the people I already know? Would my parents approve? Probably not at the first sight of him running across the house naked and laughing. I could see them now, "Emily, go back to the car. This place isn't safe for you," my mom would say as my dad covered my eyes and escorted me out to the car. But after talking to him, seeing that he's really a sweet person who just is too busy for a steady relationship (I hoped he was single, anyway), I am sure they would have approved, if he wasn't in a band anyway.

      Sometimes I wonder why my parents didn't really let me have my own friends. I went to a private school; it was more similar to a public school than a private one, but it was mostly for a certain community that my parents were involved in. Very small, everyone knew everyone and what they did, so it was hard to keep a dirty little secret. Even though my parents knew everyone and they were highly respected, I was only allowed to have a few select friends. I don't even talk to them anymore, let alone remember their names except for one. Allison. I wouldn't really call them friends, just in the aspect that they only came over when their parents did. I was a loner in school, and it was some what by my parents choice, but mostly because I didn't want to know anyone. I was told that school is more important than getting friends. It didn't take away from my social skills, because there were many speech classes and group interactions. Don't get me wrong, everyone was nice, but I had a hard time actually connecting with people.

      Allison was an exception. She was raised up similar to me, and our parents were best of friends. We hung out all time time, secretly gossiping and talking about how some day we would be as great parents as our own. We always promised that we would be friends, and lately I haven't been treating her so well. Putting work first, trying to not freak out over the status of the boys. I've told her everything and anything, except for Jack. I don't know how she would react, and I don't quite know how I should feel, so why try to jump the gun? I've always been a logical person and always think before I speak, because in the past, whenever I spoke before I thought, it always got me into trouble. What I said wasn't what I meant to say, and words got twisted about. I learned my lesson and I know how to process my thoughts into words.