Chapter 41

HI EVERYONE!!!! Did you miss me? Because I TOTALLY missed you. Things have been pretty rough and crazy around here, but I wanted to upload this chapter so you guys can at least have this one. This book, is coming to a close. :( But, there will be another in the series!! Can I get a ...HURRAH!! Anyways, this is NOT -I repeat- NOT the last chapter. I think there will be one more chapter and then the epilogue. I hope you guys like this chapter! It was hard, but I hope you like! I love you! -Hannah

******************************

CHAPTER 41: Alice woke to the feel of kisses being peppered on her face, each one pressed to her skin with infinite gentleness. She moaned sleepily and fluttered open her lashes, finding the stunning face of Ethan's hovering above her.

She smiled softly and he returned it, gaze going over her face like he was memorizing each dip, each curve, and committing it to memory.

"Morning," she rasped. "How long have you been awake?"

Ethan's thumb caressed her cheekbone lightly as to not cause any pain with the bruises that littered her face. "Not too long ago," He told her. "I just got you up to tell you I am going to run and get changed, maybe pick up some food." He said as he moved away from her.

She felt the loss of his presence almost instantly and had to fight the urge to grab his wrist and pull him back to her.

Instead, she nodded, managing a smile but wincing when her split lip stung in protest at the action.

God, she still hadn't even see her face but she could tell that she was definitely not the prettiest sight.

"Food?" Questioned Alice a second later, eyes twinkling at the prospect of eating something other than hospital food.

Ethan saw the look on her face and laughed as he pulled on his jacket, looking deliciously handsome.

"Yes, babe. Food. Would you like something?" He asked and Alice nodded her head vigorously.

"Please!" She cried. "I am so sick of hospital food."

Ethan looked at her, trying to put on a stern face, but the amusement in his eyes couldn't be hidden. "I'm pretty sure that is against the rules, girl. But, because I love you, I will gladly smuggle in food for you." He said with a wink.

Alice's heart skipped a beat and she was left feeling lightheaded even though she was lying down. "Say it again." She whispered and her voice was breathless and husky.

The smile slowly slipped from Ethan's face, being replaced with something a lot hotter-something that made her skin tingle and warmth to pool within her.

He took a step forward, setting his hands on either side of the pillow that her head laid on while he leaned in close.

"Say what?" Asked Ethan, voice rough. "That you love me." Alice replied.

He dipped his head down, nose nuzzling hers as his jaw clenched. "I love you." He whispered, lips brushing against hers.

Vaguely, the sound of beeping grew in the room as her heartbeat became more and more erratic.

A flash of deja-vu came to them both of the last time they had been in the hospital, in a situation similar to this after she had been drugged the night of Cecily's charity fundraiser.

A knock sounded on the door and Alice couldn't contain her whimper of disappointment. Ethan wore the same look, but his lips curled as he dropped a kiss onto her forehead and stepped away.

The door to her room opened and Syd walked in, smiling brightly at Ethan as they passed each other.

Alice's best friend looked magnificent as always, even if a little bit tired.